The Ents and the Pequeninos

TomBombadillo

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've never heard of Orson Scott Card, I'm afraid. Let's leave this to the ones who have, shall we? :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Halo_Black

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

For one horrible moment there I thought you said The Ents and the Penguins :hahaha:
heh, anyways, I'm gonna keep my eyes out for Orson Scott Card stuff now just for the sheer hell of it.
nn[Edited on 4/5/2002 by Halo_Black]

spydyrbyte

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, the paper has now been turned in, though I would definitely encourage reading of Card's works. They are interesting in their own right and become more so if you read them under the pretense of his influence by Tolkien. Anyway, go out there and get yourself some books by Card and let me know if you agree. All the books that deal with Ender's saga are as follows: Ender's Game, Speaker for the Dead, Xenocide, Children of the Mind, Ender's Shadow, and Shadow of the Hegemon. Ender's Shadow and Shadow of the Hegemon are retellings of the original story Ender's Game from the point of view of two other characters (the first by Bean, Ender's "right hand man" and the second by Ender's sadistic brother Peter) This is a difficult thing to do without merely recapping the original. However, Card pulls this off beautifully and the last two stories become independent stories. The first 4 books though are sequential and the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th books involve the Entlike Pequeninos. Enjoy

Halo_Black

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hope ya get good marks on that paper :D Cool username by the way! How'd you think it up?

spydyrbyte

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks for the encouragement. As for my username, well, I've always been a HUGE SpiderMan fan (btw Kudos to the new kick @$$ movie) and I wanted something to do with spiders, spiderbite was too bland so to put it into the technological slang I added some y's (y's never hurt anything) and the name went from spyderbyte to the eventual form spydyrbyte. And there you have it, the origin of my name :boom:

PlasticSquirrel

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wahey! Another Spidey fan! I can't see the movie til Tuesday so I'm glad to hear it's worth seeing from another fan, as I was worried it might be another case of Hollywood ruining a once great comic.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Halo_Black

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm glad to hear it's worth seeing from another fan, as I was worried it might be another case of Hollywood ruining a once great comic.

Ah, I think everyone was worried about that...I mean, just look what Hollywood did to Streetfighter and the Justice League of America, :boring: boy, did that film suck!!
Acttualy I'll admit that the He-Man Movie they did was pretty cool...and so was Mortal Kombat. But Streetfighter really was naff!nn[Edited on 4/6/2002 by Halo_Black]

PlasticSquirrel

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I refused to even go and see Justice League, how bad did it suck? Cos I have considered renting it...
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ross

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeh but one of my favourite childrens programs was Pob and he wasn't a cartoon he was a puppet that used to exhale (belived by many to be spit) and write his name on the TV screen. He lived inside your TV in Pobel town
Sod off I'm busy!

grondmaster

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Last June this thread should have been chopped and tacked onto [u]Fav Toons[/u] under [u]The Ivy Bush[/u] Tavern. Maybe someday it will be. :elfwink:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”