Inseparable Friends

leelee

Inseparable Friends

Post#51 » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:11 pm

I recall reading somewhere a bit where Lady Galadriel is talking about the length of her days and talking about her and Celeborn and how they had been together for a very very long time.Although cool in tone it suggested to me that they thought alike in many ways and that each complemented the other beautifully. I can see them sitting together of an evening and after all the talk they fall silent and as the stars send forth their sparkles and the moon her liquid silver to shine upon them ; in that sublime silence they talk still from mind to mind without a sound. I think they were inseperable friends even though they indeed were apart for a while.

virumor

Inseparable Friends

Post#52 » Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:26 pm

The Nazgûl seemed to be inseparable f(r)iends.

Let's see... they conquered Minas Ithil together and redecorated the place together.. they went hunting for Hobbitses together.. they took a fresh bath in Bruinen together (and were washed down the river together)... and in the end they went down on their carrion birds together.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Thorin Oakenshield

Inseparable Friends

Post#53 » Tue May 01, 2007 6:30 am

That's superb.!!! :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh: :funnylaugh:

Clover you should give vir his award today itself.
The Old that is Strong does not Wither.

ladyoflegolas

Inseparable Friends

Post#54 » Tue May 01, 2007 10:51 am

Oh...that made me laugh...however...would you want to be friends with them?

leelee

Inseparable Friends

Post#55 » Tue May 01, 2007 2:00 pm

Vir,
you really are a kill. Honestly!. I suppose that is true in an absurd way. But they had no choice now did they? :)
I wish wish wish you would write some stories in your journal of you as a child.
Were you ever a child? :)
I can see this little tyke, big eyes already cynical. There you are sitting on your highchair scowling at whoever is feeding you.In baby talk you are insulting the person left right and centre and what do you get for all the hard work and used energy?
A flaming kiss on both cheeks and a 'oh look isn't he the most darling thing,did you hear him, he said 'clug'. What a brilliant brilliant boy! yes you are , you really are.(pinches those adorable cheeks.)

leelee

Inseparable Friends

Post#56 » Fri May 18, 2007 5:30 pm

It just occured to me that I have not mentioned the most obvious of all inseperable friendship-that being the love and comradeship between Bilbo Baggins and Frodo Baggins. Their love spanned a tremendous long time and in the end Frodo could not be without his uncle. It may seem the uncle was not as effusive, but I don't believe that. After all by the end he was so very very old and unable to even remember anything. That would have been greatly healed I think across the sea and for the rest of their time together until they died I believe they would have delighted continually in one another's fellowship.

mellon

Inseparable Friends

Post#57 » Sat May 19, 2007 8:34 am

So true Leelee:) One of the scenes in Fellowship of the Rings is when Frodo meet upon Bilbo again is one of my favourites...

leelee

Inseparable Friends

Post#58 » Fri May 25, 2007 5:00 pm

I think that Beren one hand and Luthien Tinuviel were indeed inseperable friends and got to be so twice , didn't they. I ask because I read about them a while ago and that was only my first time. But it certainly seemed to be the case, that is once Beren finally caught the light footed lass. :)

Celebrian

Inseparable Friends

Post#59 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:01 pm

I think that the question of this thread is a great one because I have been thinking about the answer for a while now. I would say that it would definitely be a choice between Frodo and Sam.
As far as personality is concerned, I think that I would relate to Frodo better. Frodo has an open heart, but also a wise strength about him. He would definitely be loyal to the end for a friend. Sam is more foolish and less wise, but was proven to be the stronger of the two in certain ways. Everything that Sam feels, whether it is for a flower or for another, he feels it very deeply. That is a rare quality and proof of trustworthiness. No one would betray someone that they loved that truly and innocently. It's tough, but I think I would still go with Frodo just because it would be easier to relate to his personality.

leelee

Inseparable Friends

Post#60 » Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:37 pm

What a thrill to read your post Celebrian, because of all Middle-Earth I most relate to Frodo. My friends have always told me that I am of very gentle heart and giving on the one hand, and a source of grief and worry to them on the other hand because when I know I must do something, no matter h ow terrible or hard I do it and have done it to the point of not remembering the Shire anymore. And I have deep scars from it all that cannot be healed either in this life.
So often when I am the least ready they come to me and need me to be there for them, they trust me with such a great trust it breaks my heart. And I have never ever really felt I belong not totally , not really in their world. I love it, it is lovely, but I am always in my mind in that far off place, or readying myself for the next long journey and I cannot honestly partake or enter in to their happy way of life.Since I know that if I have no other gift, no other merit save this one -that I am trustworthy with someone's faith in me, I must too go with Frodo. I have learned a great deal about myself that I used to feel ashamed about, a freak really until I read Lord of The Rings. I no longer apologize for who I am . I just live it.
Thankyou for your comments.

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”