LOTR music

Spirik Voldar

LOTR music

Post#1 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:11 pm

What kinda LOTR is out there? I know of the movie soundtracks, David Arkenstone's "Middle Earth", John De Meij's LOTR inspired music, and Bob Catley's rock album, "Middle Earth". I personally like Bob Catley's album the best ... just because I'm a Bob Catley fan, but is there any other LOTR music out there?

Gandalfs Beard

LOTR music

Post#2 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:07 pm

I have a Rick Wakeman album inspired by LotR (on vinyl). I'll have to flip through the rest of my vinyl because I think there might be another prog-rock band who put out a LotR inspired album.

GB

Beren

LOTR music

Post#3 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:28 pm

there is a girl on YouTube who does piano renditions of the music from the movie. She does it by ear, with no paper music whatsoever.

She also does Narnia stuff (that's actually her main thing), Christian Contemporary stuff like Tenth Avenue North, and she did a couple (I think) from Twilight.

Her channel name is "theheartrender." You've got to check her out.

Show

LOTR music

Post#4 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:30 pm

The Great Luke Ski did a parody song based on LotR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy1pedcyb-4

I wish I knew how to make the video show up here. But alas, I don't.

I'm not sure it's what you meant, but it is actually a real good song.

Gandalfs Beard

LOTR music

Post#5 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:29 pm

Hey Beren, I know that girl--she goes by MissAravis on Narniaweb and she is a fantastic pianist, a lovely singer, and she's cute too :oops: . I wish I could play like that, but I have to multitrack to achieve that sort of complexity.

GB

Gandalfs Beard

LOTR music

Post#6 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:00 am

Spock Sings? :? OH YES!!!! Yes he does. In fact he likes to sing songs about Hobbits. :lol: Here's a little ditty he sang about Bilbo. I remembered seeing it at a Trek convention decades ago and I found a link for you to...erm...enjoy ;) :P :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04

Zackira

LOTR music

Post#7 » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:09 am

It was indeed an enjoyable song :mrgreen:

Bargolwash

LOTR music

Post#8 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:29 am

I wrote a song in Elvish called "Ardariel" probably not correct elvish grammer. I'm wanting to put this on my next album.

Gandalfs Beard

LOTR music

Post#9 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:27 am

Hey Bargolwash, do you have any of your music online to link to?

By the way Show, that link to the LotR rap was hilarious :lol: . Nice one!

GB

Light In The Dark

LOTR music

Post#10 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:57 pm

I very much regret to admit. . . that in the early mid-to-late 90's, I saw that video, which my friend said I just had to see. So, I went over to his house, and sure enough on his VHS, he had it taped, and it came up on his television. I just sat there, watching it, a blank stare. After it ended, I remember it exactly, my words were "What the crap was that about, and why the heck is Spock there?". My friend told me he was singing about Hobbits and the Shire, and of Lord of the Rings.

I was very much confused. I just totally disregarded what had happened, and a few weeks later I ended up at the library. And sure enough, I saw a book entitled "The Hobbit". I had a little bit of a Flashback and remembered Spock singin' his little Spock song, and I just though "Why not?", picked out the book, bought it, went home. And sure enough, I have read the whole series numerous amount of times, and here I am now, randomly posting on Lord of The Rings inspired Forums.

I am quite sad to admit that such a goofy thing got me into Lord of The Rings, but thanks for the video GB, brings back memories of that :D .

P.S. True Story :) .

P.P.S. Speaking of LOTR parodies, If you haven't seen this, I found it quite funny, and at the end I love "Yea, one of us could have died!" Rated E 10+

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU&feature=fvw

LITD

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”