The Hobbit video game

Bargolwash

The Hobbit video game

Post#1 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:26 am

Well, I have no idea where to put this topic at. I was wondering if any of y'all have heard of the 2003 video game of The Hobbit. It was released for Gamecube, PS2, Xbox, and Windows. I'm not a big video gamer, but I kinda like this one. I first got it when it first came out and somehow forgot about it. It wasn't until recently I started playing it somemore. There's a lot of differences from it and the book, obviously to make it more game compatilble. There are some extra characters, creatures, and small adventures for Bilbo to take as well. I haven't beaten it yet. Here's some more info on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hobbit ... video_game)

Zackira

The Hobbit video game

Post#2 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:39 am

Oh, I LOVE this game! I went to a game-store, and suddenly...there it was! I hade read the book, and had to buy the game as well^^

But unforunately, Im stuck with the elves. Im supposed to find som crystals or something, but I cant find them :/

Bargolwash

The Hobbit video game

Post#3 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:46 am

I just got to the elves. For years I was stuck at the boss Wight zombie guy and gave up, but yesterday I decided to play it and it seemed so easy to beat him. Wow. lol.

Zackira

The Hobbit video game

Post#4 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:48 am

OH MY! Thats EXACTLY what happened to me too! I couldnt beat that Zombie guy, and I quit playing for a long time. Then I started playing again, and I beat him easily ^^

Light In The Dark

The Hobbit video game

Post#5 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:04 pm

I also have played this game, it was a good play all around, the chamber of Smaug was both interesting and fun, especially. . . well, you haven't gotten there yet :D . I myself am a. . . I wouldn't want to say huge gamer, but I do play a fair share ;) . I beat it in a few days, after I found my friend playing it I just had to get it, you know how that goes :lol: .

Show

The Hobbit video game

Post#6 » Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:20 am

Saw it, wanted it, just never got it. So sad.

Zackira

The Hobbit video game

Post#7 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:13 am

What about the LOTR game? My brother has got the game for Two Towers, and he really enjoys it ;)

Show

The Hobbit video game

Post#8 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:39 am

Two Towers was pretty good. Return of the king was better. (both played on gamecube).
I played a PC version of The fellowship that matched the book more closely. Pretty good, expect crummy computer.
I got Battle for Middle-Earth for the PC as well. Enjoyable. But could have been done better. This was a real time strategy game along the lines of Warcraft and Starcraft. Excellent for it's Middle-Earth goodness, but Starcraft or Warcraft do the genre much better.

Zackira

The Hobbit video game

Post#9 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Well drag me backwards through a birds box! (oooo bad translation of a Norwegian saying :| )

He has all three games! Im obviously NOT paying attention to what my brother is playing, which is not a big surprise btw ;)

I love the part where Aragorn and his crew meet up with those ghosts! Its kind of thrilling. And when my brother plays, Aragorn keep falling down in dark eternal despair :lol:

Bargolwash

The Hobbit video game

Post#10 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:11 pm

My bro had The Fellowship of the Ring for Gameboy Advanced. We have the Two Towers and can't get past the Helm's Deep part where we have to defend the gate. The Return of the King was really fun. A favorite of mine is The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age. But the Hobbit is the most fun for me. I'm past Smaug now!

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”