What is your ideal Hobbit meal or Breakfast!?

B'arelyn Dwarf

Post#1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:52 pm

Just expanding on a post I left on the 'Where would you live in Middle Earth thread', I was wondering what you would eat for Breakfast on Saturday Morning if you were a Hobbit living in the shire? Also share what you have for Breakfast on saturday morning at the moment! Mine would defiately consist of Bacon, Eggs, Tomatoes and Mushrooms (preferably not Farmer Maggots or you'll have his dogs on your case)! Share your thoughts on Hobbit Breakfast and food here! :D

Also what kind of a Hobbit would you be a Took or a Baggins?

Eldorion

Post#2 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:45 pm

What a topic to click on when I'm hungry! :lol: Being, in fact, a hobbit in all but size ( ;) ) minus the smoking I'd probably help myself to just about all of it. Specifically though I'd like some bacon, mushrooms, a few of Bilbo's cakes, more mushrooms, and perhaps a few tarts. After that I'd be ready for a brief break before the second breakfast. :mrgreen:

I'd probably be a Took rather than a Baggins (though I've always liked the Brandybucks) since, much as I'd like to live in the Shire, the occasional trip outside would make for a refreshing change of pace.

B'arelyn Dwarf

Post#3 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:26 pm

This is great! You are a true Hobbit Eldorion! I'm sure I'd be a Baggins, much easier, just lie back with my feet by the fire than go around being adventurous! Btw this second breakfast would it be different or would it be a second round of the first lol?

inaholeintheground

Post#4 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:40 pm

Bacon, eggs, tomatoes, and mushrooms! Wonderful! I think I'll join you! Now, be a good host, and add a few thick slices of fried salt pork!---Oh, and don't forget a nice, strong black tea! With honey and fresh cream! And what about the scones, with softened butter!--Quickly! Get down the fresh blackberries and strawberry preserves!
Hurry now! It'll be time for second breakfast soon! For that we'll need cold cuts and pickles, and cold fried-chicken! With pork pie and fresh turnips, and fried potatoes and onions, too! We'll finish it with mince pie and cheese, and a few fruit tarts as well!
Damn! Too early for beer, but have it ready for elevenses! Thank you, Mr. Baggins, you are a most accommodating host!

Eldorion

Post#5 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:46 pm

Not sure B'arelyn. I'd probably add some more meat to the second one - maybe a bit of chicken. Not being a true hobbit though I don't know how much I could eat without become violently ill. I'd want to be sure I could eat dinner as well. :lol:

Odo Banks

Post#6 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 pm

BD

I'm not sure I'd ever eat hobbit, but if I did, I suppose I'd have my hobbit roasted if young, and boiled if old and tough like mutton! (For breakfast it would be minced hobbit in bubble-and-squeak, I think - or would that be hobbit-and-squeak?)

Odo

NB: I thought you were a dwarf anyway - or are you hiding something? There's something Freudian in your question. You're not a troll by chance? Come on, you can be honest with me. I won't tell anyone else on this site your dark secret - honest!

B'arelyn Dwarf

Post#7 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:19 am

Haha very Funny! I'll tell you the truth, Hobbit breakfast for me does mean Hobbits are on the menu! Thankfully I'm a lone Troll so I won't have any need to argue untill it gets light and I turn to stone! I'm also decided on how I like hobbit, unlike Tom, Bill and Bert (if I remember their names correctly!). Maybe some of you guys have been misunderstanding me, ideal Hobbit Breakfast lol ;) !

Should I change my name to B'arelyn Troll ;) ?

Odo Banks

Post#8 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:48 am

If you make the suggested name change, your cover will be blown!

(Your secret is still safe with me - for a small fee...)

Odo

Astar

Post#9 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:39 pm

Hahahahahah. Tomatoes, bacon, and eggs for me (I'll pass on the roasted hobbit :shock: ) Or if I wasn't that hungry that morning, just tea and scones.

Wait a minute, what am I saying? Since when is a hobbit not hungry?!? *sigh* Guess I wouldn't make a very good Baggins OR Took. :?

Oh well, guess I'll just retire to a vegan elf ;)

Odo Banks

Post#10 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:39 pm

"Vegan" Elves now? Probably Sindaran, I guess...? I couldn't imagine them being Noldor - far too bloodthirsty surely!

Anyhow, I'm off to take second breakfast...

Odo

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”