Tolkienshop

Ringdrotten

Tolkienshop

Post#1 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:14 am

Anyone else read TORn today and saw this http://www.tolkienshop.com/ ?
Lots of cool stuff there, giving some serious thought to buying one of the pipes :D

pettytyrant101

Tolkienshop

Post#2 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:33 am

I love the pure non-pcness of it all! LoTR must be one of the few (if not only) modern cinema events from which smoking paraphernalia could be part of the official merchandising.
Enjoy your pipe Ringdrotten :mrgreen: (your bank balance must be better than mine- they ain't cheap-although I didn't check if those prices were US $?)

Ringdrotten

Tolkienshop

Post#3 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:42 am

Hehe, the price is the only reason why I haven't already bought one. Still, I really can't see myself NOT sitting on a nice summer's eve without one of those after seeing that, even if I'm not really a smoker. They look beautiful :mrgreen: I will have to cut the costs on other things, and then see if I can set aside some money for a pipe :D I wonder how long I can live on rice and ketchup? :?

Jolly Cotton

Tolkienshop

Post#4 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Looks a good shop. Anyone got €2,500.00? If so, you could buy a letter written by Tolkein himself!

Why kind of pipe, has your attention Ringdrotten? Gandalf, Bilbo- even Aragorn all had pipes!

Ringdrotten

Tolkienshop

Post#5 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Looking at the pictures on Vauen's web page (the company that makes them), I think I would have to go for either Bilbo's or Gandalf's :)

http://www.vauen.de/photo/detail/en/Bil ... .4.19.html

Eldorion

Tolkienshop

Post#6 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 pm

I'd never heard of that.... I can't abide tobacco smoke, but those are some really nice pipes, I have to admit. I like the weapons section more though. :mrgreen:

Ringdrotten

Tolkienshop

Post#7 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm not particularly fond of tobacco either (can't stand cigarettes), but I guess I could make an exception or two if I had one of those pipes, or at least save them for when I'm old and grumpy and got nothing else to do besides smoking pipes :lol:

And yeah, the weapons look great :) They are a bit too expensive for me though, but I'd love to have one of those hanging on the wall.

Eldorion

Tolkienshop

Post#8 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 pm

I can't really afford any of them either, though it'd be nice to have one. 8-)

Noom Chevaline

Tolkienshop

Post#9 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:48 pm

I already have some of this gear from years ago, I have 8 of the danbury mint porcelien plates, still in mint condition with certificates of authenticity and still in the polystirene, at 69 Euros a piece , I also have the Gollum pewter goblet at 120 Euros. They were allmuch cheaper when I bought them. I would have to spend 680 Euros to buy that stuff here.

Gandalfs Beard

Tolkienshop

Post#10 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 pm

Yeah, well Tobacco ain't the only thing you can smoke in a Pipe. :mrgreen:

[img]http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/850/850653/the-hobbit-part-ii--20080208073326444.jpg[/img]

"The Halflings Leaf has slowed your mind."

GB

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”