Two Towers

Boring

Two Towers

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's great it's bigger longer and uncut! it's a great part. it's my favorite part of the book!

I hope the movie will be as good as the book and on the DVD they said it would more spectecular then the first movie and there would be more great special effects etc etc

valedhelgwath

Two Towers

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hi Angieb, and welcome to the forum. :)
I assume from your post that when you say you have read Lord of the Rings, what you have actually read is the first book, namely The Fellowship of the Ring. Lord of the Rings is actually a trilogy, the second part being The Two Towers and the final book being The Return of the King.
The three parts are supposed to be read as a whole, and I imagine for you the ending must have seemed a little sad/strange. Two Towers obviously picks up where the FOTR left off, and is just as good as the first book. I envy you in a way because you are yet to discover what happens. Unless you've a very poor memory, that feeling of anticipation only happens on the first reading. I won't bother saying, "hope you enjoy it," because I know you will.

rednell

Two Towers

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to the forum, Angie.
Unless you've a very poor memory, that feeling of anticipation only happens on the first reading.

That's the only part of this aging process in which I find an advantage. Everytime I read LOTR, I relive the anticipation. The Two Towers was my favorite of the trilogy and was really a cliffhanger. However, ROTK really brought the tears to my eyes! :sad:
You are in for a fantastic experience, Angie!

grondmaster

Two Towers

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes, Angieb you have yet the enjoyment of finishing the journey. :)

I remember I had to wait two weeks before I could get somewhere to buy TTT and ROTK, after finishing The Hobbit and FOTR. And not knowing anyone who had ever heard of Tolkien back in 1967, waiting to find the solution to the cliff-hanger was unbearable. :shakehead:
'Share and enjoy'

TomBombadillo

Two Towers

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

*shudder* Can't imagine that, Grondy. Must be hard.

Like everyone else's said, Angieb, welcome and enjoy the read! :smoke:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

TomBombadillo

Two Towers

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think for starters it's best to actually start with FOTR, then read TTT and then you might go on with ROTK. :wink: I think the best book is still TTT.

FOTR: Fellowship of the Ring
TTT: The Two Towers
ROTK: Return of the King
Denial is not a river in Africa.

raptor

Two Towers

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i think FOTR;TTT;ROTK.FOTR is the best...in my opinion.
Welcome,A!The books are way better than the films,and it's really worth reading them(what am i saying here?it's essential to read them),trust us,you wown't be dissapointed!nn[Edited on 13/11/2002 by raptor]

ProgHead777

Two Towers

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Perhaps it's because I have the three in one volume and that each time I've read it, I read all the way through, cover to cover- but I don't think I can seperate the three. To me, it's all one book.

If you mean which book is the most exciting, surely it must be RotK since that is the climax of the story. But all three have their ups and downs. There's Moria and the battle at Parth Galen (is that what it's called, or isn't it officially named?) as well as the Old Forest and the Barrow Downs in FotR; the assault on Isengard and the Battle of Helms Deep in TTT; The Paths of the Dead, the Battle of Pellenor Fields, the destruction of the One Ring and the Battle of Bywater in RotK.

There's too much that's too exciting throughout all three books to be able to pick just one. Of course, that's just me- habitually indecisive!
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Meia

Two Towers

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Shelob! dont 4 get Shelob and Gollum in TTT! they make the book 10 times more xcitin than it would b w/out em. poor Gollum; hes so misunderstood... :(

ProgHead777

Two Towers

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Of course, Shelob! I was sooo disappointed to hear she had moved to RotK for the films. I can't wait to see how she looks.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”