Is it true?

Is it true?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Really?? I didn't know anything about this. I must start reading some more about Tolkien, in stead of reading so much by Tolkien. I guess... :read:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Is it true?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Is it true?

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hmmm...regarding The Historys of Middle Earth: The Peoples of Middle Earth. Are those books good. I have been told by several friends that they are "boring"...I have flipped through them and they seem interesting...I mean I have thought of getting them..any recomendations? Or is there any thread in which anybody talks about this?

Is it true?

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

There's a thread or two about them in the "History of" section under Middle Earth, and "Other" under Books. And they're pretty subjective really, if you really want to know what made JRR tick, and how he worked then they're worth their weight in Mithril. However, if you couldn't really give a toss and you want some new stories, then don't even look at them. Heavy going, but rewarding would be the best description, though dull comes a close second. ;)

(Plastic knows he never edits, but it turns out that he doesn't know his way around the site as well as he thought) for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Is it true?

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I didn`t know anything about the book! :funnylaugh:
Was it finished?
Was it published?
If it is published I`d like to read it sometime after I`ve read LOTR collection! :cool:
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

Is it true?

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

wow!!!!! i never knew Tolkien wanted to write a sequel to the lord of the rings. too bad he didnt finish it. :read:

Is it true?

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No, I think it's good he didn't finished it. Just think about it, how many sequals are good? NONE! They are all the same, remember? Boring, predictable etc etc. And come on now, why do we need a sequel? Don't know about the rest of you but I can just read LotR over and over and over and..
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
/Oscar Wilde

Is it true?

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

LOTR is a sequal to the hobbit.. :angel:
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Is it true?

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Amarie is right, Tolkien wrote LotR because of pressure to produce a sequel to The Hobbit. However, it's easy to overlook this fact as the styles are so different they almost seem to be written by two different people.

But I have to say Aire has a point. While writing a sequel to The Hobbit was one thing, recapturing the grandeur of LotR a second time around may well have been impossible, even for Tolkien. This is probably why he scrapped the idea so quickly.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Is it true?

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The sequel probobly wouldn't be as good, theres no evil leuitenants of Morgorth left who would rule them?
Sod off I'm busy!

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”