Your first time

chikakat

Your first time

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I read the Hobbit when I was 8, and started LotR, but only got up to TTT. I got all the way through LotR when I was 11 or so. I liked it well enough the first time, but then when I read it again a few years later, that's when I really got into it.nn[Edited on 1/10/2003 by chikakat]

grondmaster

Your first time

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I was 27 when I first read The Hobbit and LotR in 1967. I had to wait another ten years for The Silmarillion to be published and another ten for The Lost Tales. I'm just now starting the twelve books of the History of Middle-earth series, as their existence, as well as that of The Unfinished Tales were unknown to me until this past year.
'Share and enjoy'

valedhelgwath

Your first time

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I first read the Hobbit, LotR, and The Silmarillion 21 years ago when I was 18. They totally blew me away and set me on the road of reading any fantasy story I could lay my hands on. I began reading Unfinished tales at the same time but tended to use that as a reference book and only actually got around to reading it cover to cover last year.

I am now starting to read the HOME series that someone very kindly bought me for Christmas.

Ishayala

Your first time

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I was 14 the first time I read LOTR, I can remeber it exactly :happyelf: , I was so fascinated that I finished it in only 5 days and then I started again.One year later I read the Hobbit, Silmarillion and part of the Unfinished Tales

Tinúviel

Your first time

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I first read LotR 6 yrs ago when i was 14, after reading The Hobbit as a school setwork book in Grade 8 (the only setwork book I ever enjoyed - but being that it was homework, I didn't read it cover-to-cover) :elf:
Anyway, LotR was the first book I ever read from begining to end... and I loved it! Then I read the Hobbit again and LotR again and again - 5 times now :D
In between I read a bunch of other fantasy books and now I'm reading the Silmarillion.

Faramir

Your first time

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I read it first when I was 10 or 11 years old and I read it again about a month later.

Erkenbrand

Your first time

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I read it for the first time when I was 13. Only got to reading The Hobbit when I was 24, which was 2 years ago.

I'm reading LOTR now for the 5th time... I seem to get more information and a better understanding of the book everytime I read it.

valedhelgwath

Your first time

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to the site, Erkenbrand. I hope you enjoy yourself here and manage to discover even more things about the books than you already did.

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”