What scene did you miss?

Ungoliant

What scene did you miss?

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Except if the character's 5/8 Elven, he gets better with each viewing. Gonna watch it again, just for Elrond. :P Drool.

Rosie

What scene did you miss?

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

LOL
what an unexpected turn of events, Ungoliant!
didn't know you became such a fan of HW. the transformation is remarkable!
yeah, Elrond and Aragorn get better with each viewing but Legolas is bit of a turn off if you have too much. like cream. :)

Allyssa

What scene did you miss?

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The only time my heart went flippety flip for Legolas was during the Boromir death scene. Lots of emotion.

HW grows on you the more you watch him? Need I remind you all that certain types of fungus can produce a similar effect? :D
Still, maybe I am being a little harsh, after all, the script was hardly his fault and he may have accepted the part before he know what a character assassination it would be.
I still think he is not handsome or athletic enough for the part, and I have now watched the movie innumerable times. Also, *shock / horror, I do not feel either book or film Elrond is sexy. To me, it's kind of like imagining your uncle or cousin as sexy. Dont know why....

Mirkwood and Lorien elves still sissy. So are some of the Rivendel elves at the council, did anyone notice? I think that was how HW pulled off a more butch performance.

I have always found Viggo Mortensen a hot item! The dirtier he is, the hotter he is! :D

But back on topic...I really missed the scene where Aragorn and Arwen are standing together talking in the hall of fire. I wanted to see Aragorn's "princely garments", that he got from Galadriel. I suppose I will have to wait until RoTK for a look at the "transformed" Aragorn.
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

What scene did you miss?

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Was Legolas there when Boromir died?
Really should go watch that movie again sometime.....
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Allyssa

What scene did you miss?

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Legolas and Gimli kind of wander up after all the fighting is over :D
"May the Angels Guide"

Ungoliant

What scene did you miss?

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Makes you wonder what they've been up to....

*slaps self*

Naughty spider! Bad spider!

Boring

What scene did you miss?

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's not a bad thing only a pitty they didn't show it on screen maybe it will be in the directors cut :P

Rosie

What scene did you miss?

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

LMAO
nooooo~~~
Legolas is too good for Gimli. HE'S MINE! and the same goes for Aragorn and Boromir and Elrond. hehe

anyway, remember the scene where aragorn and co. , after trying to track down the uruk-hai in TTT get tired in Rohan and decide to rest and wait for the riders and they ride past them because of the elven cloaks? i thought that was hilarious! i hope that's in the next movie but the grey cloaks didn't really look.. 'magical'.

Ungoliant

What scene did you miss?

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey...you can't have 'em all Rosie. Can't we share Elrond at least? You're right, I've totally changed my mind about HW Elrond...am even interested in watching his previous movies now... ;)

Jackson made a mistake 'cos he edited out the gift-giving scene. Dunno how the hell he's gonna explain dropping the brooches, the 'invisible' cloaks - all important. Especially the cloaks....what's a fantasy quest without magical cloaks, swords & potions?

grondmaster

What scene did you miss?

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sure, you can then be the Directer of ABRAB*

*Always Being Right About Broaches
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Lord of the Rings”