It's just amazing.

It's just amazing.

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elfstone I agree. I can't wait till read it again. Second time round it will be fantastic.
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

It's just amazing.

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i recommend the audio books, its great because you can listen to it in the car at work or at night, great to really hear all the details without having to read it over and over

(Plastic merely turned off Earendill's signature, as it is more than three lines, and thus not in accordance with our guidelines, sorry)nn[Edited on 20/1/2003 by PlasticSquirrel]

It's just amazing.

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hey guys ,i think you should visit the reading group...., i just started reading the sill three weeks ago,but i have catch is really interesting...,adn attendance is good.... :thumbup:

It's just amazing.

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't think there are so many details in Sil... if u really want details (like with the Battle of Gondolin) u have to read Book of Lost Tales or Unfinished Tales.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

It's just amazing.

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think this book is the absolute masterpiece of John Ronald Reuel Tolkien. And it was very good indeed that Christopher Tolkien edited it so that it wouldn´t be altered to much for someone elses need.... Well I just wanted to say this: Beren and Lúthien. May they rest in peace! (Beren being J.R.R. Tolkien and Lúthien being Edith Tolkien)

Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

It's just amazing.

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with everyone. The Slmarillion is the coolest book I have ever read, and I read quite a bit. I love all the history and the little bits of info you would never think about. Everything ties in with everyting else, and it is just like an epic geneaology. I absolutly love it.
I Eldar ná i anvanya.

It's just amazing.

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And that chapter will be the next one to be discussed in the Simarillion Reading Discussion Group, Komosot.

I agree with you about the bit where Turgon comes out with his 10,000 elves. Spectacular.

It's just amazing.

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Silmarillion is the coolest book I have ever read, and I read quite a bit. I love all the history and the little bits of info you would never think about. Everything ties in with everyting else, and it is just like an epic geneaology. I absolutly love it.

Amen Cano, amen!
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

It's just amazing.

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah! The Silmarrilion Rocks! I am glad that so many people loved it. My favourite story was Feanor and his Silmarils!

It's just amazing.

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have to say that the Simarillion is my favorite book by far. Every little story in there is a treasure on it's own. At points i have to admit it becomes a real tear-jerker. It's basically your guide along the path of the "Long Defeat". Which is how the Eldar and Edain fight the enemy, though victory over it is not there part to play. I'd have to say my favorite part in the book is::

1. "The Union of Maedhros". Allow me to paint a picture of it for you if i can. Im just jubilant in the thought that some of you are experiencing the book for the first time, as i envy and miss that feeling i had when i first experienced the book myself.

By far the most touching story for me. Maedhros, along with the sons of Feanor and High King Fingon, the Edain, and even with the help of some of the Dwarves, decide to band together and overthrow Morgoth once and for all. ( Just to note, following here is the preface to the Nirnaeth Arnoediad, and the mustering of all the willing participants that went to that battle.) But because of the deeds of the sons of Feanor, fewer came then were available, including King Thingol. (Who im my opinion just hides behind his wife's magic girdle all day.) As Fingon looked out from the walls of Eithel Sirion, all the hosts of the Eldar and Edain were assembled, there standards and spears like a thick forest gleaming in the rising sun. A shadow came over King Fingon as he glanced over to Angband, seeing a dark cloud, almost like a dreadful premonition of what was to befall. The Dark Lord had accepted his challenge, and Morgoth was certain that the day would be his. (Thanks to Ulfang, it was :mad: ) Then in that moment trumpets sounded, and cries went up from all the hosts upon the valley, as the leaguer of Gondolin was opened, and coming unlooked for came Turgon and 10,000 Gondolindhrim from the hidden city to swell there ranks. Fingon's heart at this sight was raised, and the shadow passed in his mind, and crying aloud from up high to the hosts below he shouted:: "Utilie'n aure! (The day has come!) And all of the hosts of the Eldar and Edain together in the valley below that heard his voice echo in the hills answered crying....Auta i lome! (The night is passing!.)

Truly friggin epic, isn't it? tears me up everytime i read it. :sad:

nn[Edited on 14/2/2003 by Komosot]

Return to “The Silmarillion”