whatever happened to Tar-Aldarion?

valedhelgwath

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The only mention of his death that I can find, is that he died on his last voyage to MiddleEarth. He would have been 375 when he died so it is quite possible that he died of old age. His father, Tar Meneldur lived for 399 years and the three preceeding kings had lasted until sometime in their 400's. Elros had just exceeded 500 when he died, so it can be seen that as their elven blood thinned, their life spans quickly shortened.
I think if he'd been killed or drowned, Tolkien would probably have mentioned it.

Ross

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No it states that he was one of the kings of Numenor who laid down there lives when they grew weary of the world.
Sod off I'm busy!

Aulë

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Not only elven blood Val, they have ainu blood to....NOW THAT YOU GOT TO HAVE TO BE HIPP :funnylaugh:
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

valedhelgwath

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Not only elven blood Val, they have ainu blood to
That is true, Aule, and in the grand scheme of things I think that lineage is of more importance that their elven blood.

Aulë

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yep....I believe that too....The lineage of the ainu blood was the more important part....that was what made them so freaking powerful....that is what I think...

Ross

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

there all the children of the Eru whether Ainur, Elves or Human. It doesn't matter where there blood comes from. The Valar apart from Melkor didn't really live as non of them feared any thing!
Sod off I'm busy!

Aulë

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don´t follow you here Ross....what do you mean?
Sure they are all created by Ilúvatar.....but there is a difference between the ainur and elves and men.....the ainur were Erus´ offspring in thought.....they are never refered as Erus´ children.......but the elves, men and dwarves are(the dwarves was adopted by Eru so they are his children to).......the ainur were more powerful than any other creatures except Eru....they were holy spirits....

Ross

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

They were all created by the Eru's thought, even the Dwarves, Ents, Orcs and such like being that he knows everything that is, has and will happen. All his children were powerful in their own right, however only Melkor and possibly Sauron learned to live because of the fact they learned to fear for them selves, therefore being able to embrace life, or in their cases trying to either conqueor or destroy life in order to keep theirs safe. Otherwise do you think when Sauron was destroyed for the last time he would have gone to Aman to beg for his spirit, do you think Morgorth would have feigned rehabilitation in order to be freed of bondage. No they wouldn't. The fact that the Elves join the Ainur at the end and the fact that they can out preform the Ainur in some areas shows that they are just as equal and this is the reason the Elves did not worship the Ainur as gods. The Humans have a different fate set aside for them, that all the elves and even the ainur fear and envy, making them also just as powertful as the Ainur and Elves, it was only through the corruption of Morgorth towards Humans that they began to fear this blessing and begin to worship the Ainur and to a lesser extent the Elves as gods or holy beings, because they had developed a fear of death!
Sod off I'm busy!

Aulë

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yup...you are right Ross....now that you put it THAT way....

elessarmau

Post#10 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:27 am

Yes now that you mentioned it , the elves and the Ainur cosidered death was a gift given to Men by Eru , and elves always envied men for that gift, while men envied elves for their imortality, or so it seemed that they were imortal because they weren't, they aged very slowly together with Arda :cool:

Return to “Unfinished Tales”