the balrogs wings

PlasticSquirrel

the balrogs wings

Post#11 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

We is havin' a slappin' competition! Care to join in? ;)[Edited on 25/1/2002 by Grondmaster]
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Boring

the balrogs wings

Post#12 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Even in this movie the balrog had wings and in the books they are descriped with wings, although i don't no were :)

Rosie

the balrogs wings

Post#13 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

oh grondy... :( u deleted all the best bits!

so the balrog has or has not got wings?
i was under the impression that it did. some vague description in the book.
not sure.

Allyssa

the balrogs wings

Post#14 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Just checked on the movie Balrog. It does not have wings, unless they were invisible.

As for the book balrog ... I guess we will never really know that one unless someone finds a reliable medium. I am inclined to think that it did not though.
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

the balrogs wings

Post#15 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ah well, so much for the Samuel L. Jackson tributes! :D No-one will ever definitively prove the whole Balrog wings thing. Wonder what CT thinks of it?

Boring

the balrogs wings

Post#16 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Dear Grondmaster that pages doesn't prove anything.

I still go for the winged version though my statement about the appaerence of the wings has changed to the wings are made of shadow. Afterall we are dealing with a maya whom didn't need to take physical form so i think the wings could be made of Shadow (it's a fantasy book after all)
wringwraiths, sauron etc blah blah blah

and for not being able to fly.. well chickens can't strousses can't pinguins can't do i need to go on? So his wings were used for terror to impose fear upon it's beholders

as for it's size remember Gandalf, whom appeared to grow in size (speaking to bilbo about the ring during is farewell thingie

this is a really nice discussion we could go on (as the post off plastic suggested if believe there are wings there are if not there aren't this reminds me some how of the discworld)

as for Gadalf came flying down the stairs .. well Isomehow always imagined he was flying.... just hovering above the ground.. coz if he could actually fly he didn't need a bird to escape from Orthanc

*Disclaimer* Okay me English isn't very good so I'm not sure I understood everything said in that article. I'm even very sure I didn't :D

grondmaster

the balrogs wings

Post#17 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Boring: You got the general drift of what it said, and as Plastic Squirrel has been saying for ages, it can't be definitively settled one way or the other. And those who wish to argue will choose one side or the other and become fanatical in their defense of that choice. :D
'Share and enjoy'

zza

the balrogs wings

Post#18 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Help - I do not know what you guys are talking about. Balrog - which creatures are these. The one at the great hall where these creatures scale down the pillars??

Uugh - its been ages I've caught the movie (actually only two weeks).

PlasticSquirrel

the balrogs wings

Post#19 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Coccyx ( I think, but cannot be arsed to look it up) :) And yeah, the big flaming B*stard who kills Gandalf (ish)

Ungoliant

the balrogs wings

Post#20 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The Balrog had no wings, but he wore fluffy bedrrom slippers. Proof is here (well, the debate anyway :) ):

http://www.flyingmoose.org/tolksarc/theories/slippers.htm

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”