Peter Jackson (I'm New)

sjow

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#1 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:01 am

This is my first time on Tolkien Planet, I think it's a good site and all but I noticed 1 thing in most discussions. Many people seem to think that PJ wrote the script and all but I thought his wive did. And many people blame PJ for changing Denethor and other things.... well actually offcourse you can blame PJ because he's the director and all. But his wive made the script. So I think she made the changes.(I'm posting this here because I read most discussions here)

Offcourse this minor issue is too small for it's own topic so this topic is also because Im new.

Hi everybody!!!

rue auburn

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#2 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:18 am

Hey, I'm sortta new too.If you dont know where to get started I've began my own forum and there are only two pages on it so you could join, just go to[u] The Quest Of A Thousand Years[/u].

virumor

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#3 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:10 pm

Wow, seeing the title of this topic, i thought for a moment that PJ became a member here at PT. Not that i'd care about anything like that, of course.

The script was indeed written by Fran Walsh=Ms PJ, and Philippa Boyens.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

sjow

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#4 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 3:24 pm

lol, I didn't even noticed that when I wrote the topic title

grondmaster

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#5 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:00 pm

The script was indeed written by Fran Walsh=Ms PJ, and Philippa Boyens.
And PJ also was one of the three culprits officially, or at least he kept his oar in the conversation for if he didn't like it, it didn't get in the movie.
'Share and enjoy'

laurelindhe ilmarin

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#6 » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:56 pm

...grumble...PJ...do not get me started...PJ can go to
Hello, Sjow!
I truly wish PJ would become a member here, so I could employ my super-annoying tactics on him, and drive him to madness(not a far trip!) and finally to spontaneous human combustion!
Okay, self, calm down...
Sjow, I am sorry if you like Mr Peter Jackson and I have offended you.
Welcome to PT, enjoy your stay. :)

Túrin Turambar

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#7 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:23 am

ya i'm not a huge PJ fan either, i was happy with FOTR but he really 'down hill' with the TTT and ROTK. Personally i think PJ could use a swift kick in the... but i could be wrong.

Vee

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#8 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 2:29 am

After seeing FotR I nearly didn't bother going to see TTT but I'm glad I did. Once I had managed to treat the film as a film BASED on LotR I was able to enjoy it. I think PJ did a great job - there are bits I don't like because it's not true to the book but as films they were all great. I know the elves weren't at Helms Deep but that is an awesome part of the film! Otherwise why is everyone on this site waiting for the DVD - if we all hate the films so much why are we buying the DVD?

I say Well Done PJ for what you got right, and a smack on the wrist for ruining Faramir.

Cue hundreds of people saying they aren't buying the DVD - yeah right!

virumor

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#9 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 8:49 am

Maybe they're just buying the DVD to melt it in their toasters. "It must be destroyed."
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

laurelindhe ilmarin

Peter Jackson (I'm New)

Post#10 » Mon Nov 29, 2004 10:43 am

Personally, I think the microwave might do prettier things to them...

But I am guilty of buying them, too. So I am also a hypocrite-and loving every minute of it!

You see, Sjow, we are all pretty passionate Tolkien enthusiasts, but in the end most of us are friendly. So don't be intimidated to ask questions if you feel the need(not that I will know the answer). Ask a council member, or if it is really tough answers to trivia you seek, talk to Virumor or Valedhelgwath-they, among several others, know everything, honestly. Also, I would recommend the Wheel of Tolkien or the Khazad-Dumish Inn to you, if you haven't already checked them out; they are a great place to start. Enjoy!

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”