sword of Isildur!??? etc

Huan

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Tom sometimes good news like this should be kept close to oneself - so the rest of us won't go completely balistic with jealousy.
Good for you.

grondmaster

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome Zacay! :) I am having a problem with your questions. Not being able to see the movie yet and only having the pro's and con's as presented here on the forum for reference, I'll take a stab at them and the others can correct me when I stray or miss your point.

Isildor got killed by the orcs when the ring slipped off his finger on his way home to the north.

Melt what together again? Are you saying that in the movie they forgot to reforge the shards of 'Narsil', Elendil's sword, into 'Anduril, the Flame of the West', Aragorn's sword. And Isildur was only important movie-wise as he failed to toss the ring down the tube and instead claimed it as his own. Had he done otherwise we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Ring bearers have feelings too. All throughout the books Tolkien told us what the ring bearer, and former ring bearer, (Gollum) were feeling. I don't see the problem here.

I am assuming you are saying they failed to specifically mention the Elves providing 'lembas' to the company as they were preparing to leave Lothlorien on their journey down the river.

Please don't feel I am being arrogant with the above comments, I'm sure half my problem is due to dificulties with translation.

Lucky you being able to afford four trips to see the Movie.

'Share and enjoy'

Boring

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

yes they haven't mentioned any lembas in this movie :(

as for narsil. as i stated in another topic (i think) they faintly wispered after the counsol of elrond that they would reforge it...

as for the bree part it was seriously cut like they didn't have any horse with 'm when they came bargin in and stuff... and butterbur not having the letter etc etc etc etc
like so many things in the movies it has been altered .. it isn't even like the books anymore.. it just based upon as in the characters and the ultimate goal (destroying the ring)

PlasticSquirrel

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

All to do with time problems I'm afraid. Though the Lembas is gonna be a bit hard to get round!
Narsil/Anduril I've explained in the other topic where the question was asked.
I must agree with you over bloody Enya and her whining at the end.
I am being arrogant with my comments, but then I always am! ;)
Welcome, my friend Zacay. I wish I could get to the pictures often enough to see it 4 times, but it's miles away and the buses are rubbish.
*Plastic
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

TomBombadillo

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

As for the forging of the sword, twasn't in the movie, but I think *Plastic with his fantastic vision ;) is probably right on that point. But you have to watch the details if you want to see that! I intend to do that next time I watch the film... :)
Denial is not a river in Africa.

PlasticSquirrel

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Fantastic Vision? Lol

Allyssa

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Narsil shards:

In the film, I believe that Aragorn is supposed to be rebelling against his heritage, ie: Elrond's comment that "..He chose exile instead.."

My Purist Tolkien side was highly offended by this, but it does sort of explain why the sword was not reforged yet. Mabe they will do it later? since at the end of the film, he promises a dying Boromir that he will save Minas Tirith (very touching)

I wonder if Arwen will have it mended for him and turn up in Rohan? Or will she send it with Halbarad or her brothers?

The good thing about this new version of TFoTR is that at least there is some mystery left for us.
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But it was reforged, they just didn't go on about it that much. look at the hilts on Aragorn's swords during the movie

grondmaster

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I will on Sunday, God willing and the creek don't rise.
'Share and enjoy'

TomBombadillo

sword of Isildur!??? etc

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So, have you seen it Grond? And did you enjoy it? ;)
There is some mystery left indeed. And some things (like the Balrog's wings, and the sword being reforged or not) are well taken care of. I mean, does that bloody Balrog have wings, yes or no? They are there when you want to see them, but if you don't know that it should have wings, you don't see them. And for the sword-thingie you have to be a real accurate viewer like *Plastic. (and one like I intend to be next time, whenever that may be.) :cool:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”