LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring Special Extended Edition DVD

Saruman

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'll definitely be buying it when it's released,even though i have the original one on DVD.
I'm looking forward to watching the extended version.
Can't wait.

:D :D :D nn[Edited on 26/10/2002 by Saruman]

Amarië

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Of course I'm bying the extended version! I'll probably end up with two versoins of all three film and the special collectors-edition with new extra material on each film (It will come, I'm sure of it). LOTR is a drug and I'm hooked! We wants it, my preciousss, we wantssss it..
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Allyssa

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Me too. Gotta have that extended version, in spite of already having the earlier version on DVD and video.

I am also waiting for the action figures. My daughter is desperate for a new Arwen (old one is loved to bits). Does anyone know where I can get one?
"May the Angels Guide"

ProgHead777

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Looks like they didn't cut any corners with this one! I've never seen so many special features! This is gonna be awesome! Of course, I'm probably the only person on earth who actually listens to audio commentaries...
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

MelliotSandybanks

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nope, I listen to them as well, Prog. I think they are great. I will probably get it too. I'll make Matthew buy it for me. I am sure he won't argue too much. He is the one that got me into Tolkien, in the first place. lol

rednell

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm probably the only person on earth who actually listens to audio commentaries...

Nope, Prog. My favorite part of the Willow DVD is the audio commentary. well, maybe 2nd favorite part. I really love that movie. :D

I am counting the days until the extended LOTR DVD is released. I already have the LOTR video and the National Geographic special but there is so much more I have not seen.

ProgHead777

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've rented DVD's where the audio commentary was more interesting than the movie! :funnylaugh:

I prefer the ones where the people giving the commentary are obviously in a studio together watching the film. The Blade commentary was just a bunch of interviews with various cast and crew edited over top the film. :boring:

rednell

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I prefer the ones where the people giving the commentary are obviously in a studio together watching the film.

From what I have heard that is what has been done for FOTR. The four Hobbits were brought to LA and did the commentary as they watched the film. Apparently there was a scene in the Midgewater Marshes which was cut from the theatre version but has been added as extra footage in the extended DVD. The actors became so engrossed in the scene (because they hadn't seen it before either), that they sat in silence and said narry a word. The production people had to rewind so the Hobbits could add their comments. I got this little tale from the Billy Boyd website.

ProgHead777

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Very very interesting.

/me can't wait!! :D

TomBombadillo

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok got a problem. I gotta buy me a DVD player first before I can buy the DVD extended version. :verysad: Guess I won't...
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”