Mistakes

valedhelgwath

Mistakes

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Maybe the case of the exception that proved the rule, or maybe he was an elvish-freak, like those bearded ladies who used to populate travelling fairgrounds.

Amarië

Mistakes

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hear ye all! Hear ye all! Come see the hairy freak! Found on the wet streets of the Grey Heavens! See the abnormal, the unatural, the horrifying HAIRY ELF! Hurry! Only in town for two days! :funnylaugh:

But jokes aside, I hope he gets to keep his beard but I wouldn't be too supriced if he doesn't..
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

PlasticSquirrel

Mistakes

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I shouldn't think Cirdan's beard (or lack of) is going to be an issue in the movies. My money's still on a Field of Cormallen ending.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ross

Mistakes

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeh I also get the feeling that they will miss out the scouring of the Shire. Just reading bored of the rings at the moment wonder if instead they clean up the Sty?
Sod off I'm busy!

Stonehelm

Mistakes

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Cirdan had a beard because he was the only Elf to show signs of aging.
I will never raise the white flag.

Ross

Mistakes

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

All elves show signs of aging otherwise they wouldn't grow up!
I think he had a beard as he was a shipwright and they didn't have nuetrogena in Beleriand!
Sod off I'm busy!

PlasticSquirrel

Mistakes

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Don't want to upset you Ross, but Pete has already said that that bit in the Mirror of Galadriel in FOTR is the closest you're gonna get to a scouring scene. But the Havens may still get a look in, you never know....
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ross

Mistakes

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That PJ is a wassock
Sod off I'm busy!

grondmaster

Mistakes

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I know a lot of Wassockians who would consider that a compliment, Ross. :tongueelf: :elfbiggrin:

I have waited 35 years for someone to finally make a motion picture of LOTR in a manner that does justice the major themes of the book. I'm just thankful that PJ saw fit to do so and I can forgive the directorial license he used in bringing it to me.

The added 30 minutes of the extended DVD slowed down the pace and added more relational interchange, making his ROTK a thing of beauty, and the omissions and commissions do little to detract from the spirit of Tolkien's work. I can only hope his remaining two films are equal to the task.
'Share and enjoy'

ProgHead777

Mistakes

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Grey Havens are definitely in- PJ mentions the scene in the FotR commentary. :smoke:
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”