Post Your Mistakes! - FotR Edition.

valedhelgwath

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I was told that the apples Aragorn threw to Merry and Pippin as they left Bree had lables stuck to them, but I've never managed to see them myself. I think the biggest mistake I've noticed so far is they got Glorfindel's sex and name wrong when he met the party after Weathertop ;)

PlasticSquirrel

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My favourite would have to be in Moria, when the steps are falling down around them, at one point when you look at Merry, it's actually a small boy (his body double, evidently) right in shot, full face. Very disturbing.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

rednell

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

For me, it was the on again, off again chain around Frodo's neck when Gandalf was talking to him in his bedroom at Rivendell. I noticed that on my first viewing at the cinema.

Stonehelm

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What about when the Argonath's arms are backwards after the Fellowship passes through them?
I will never raise the white flag.

Tinúviel

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

How about when Frodo's sword, Sting, stops glowing blue after they leave Balin's tomb - even with that whole hord of orcs and goblins closing in on them.

ProgHead777

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What about when the Argonath's arms are backwards after the Fellowship passes through them?

Ya know, I was told about that and looked for it but never did see it. I know what specific scene your talking about, with the Argonath far in the background, but to me it just appeared to be an effect of the distance.

There's also something about a car in the scene where Frodo and Sam are leaving the shire and Sam says "This is it ...If I take one more step, it'll be the farthest away from home..." In the background you can see a smoking chimney which, if you just glance at it, might look like a vehicle of some sort travelling down a very dusty road.
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Stonehelm

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I never saw any car, I am wondering if that is just a joke! :D
I will never raise the white flag.

grondmaster

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think the biggest mistake I've noticed so far is they got Glorfindel's sex and name wrong when he met the party after Weathertop ;)
And his horse, Asfaloth, didn't even notice the switch.
'Share and enjoy'

Orimono_Shujin

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I never saw any car, I am wondering if that is just a joke! :D

I know all about the car, as I noticed it in the theatre!

When I saw that "Car" out in the backround, I was sitting with my soda and a bucket of popcorn watching in awe as JRR Tolkiens masterpeice came alive on the big screen. Anyway, I saw that thing and I said to myself, "What the hell...?".

For months that small Image bothered me. Was it a car? Was it a dust cloud perhaps? My mind was going crazy with thoughts and questions! Then... That wonderful day came when FotR Came out on DVD....

Dun Dun Dunnnn...

I reviewed that scene over with a passion of finding out If that was a car. And if it wasn't a car... What was it? After 4 watchings, I finally came to the conclusion that it was NOT a car... It was...

A HOBBIT HOUSE!

Yes ladies and gentleman, That car scene was just a Hobbits house in the backround. I checked over and over and I am quite sure of it. I hope that answers your question Stone Helm! :D

~ Orimono Shujin, PT's Only Accident Prone Bartender!

Thank You, Thank You. I'll Be Here Til' Thursday! :funnylaugh:

Return to “The Fellowship of the Ring”