Who thinks this is not all fiction?

Peredhil

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to PT Loriene. I dont think you're crazy, no. JRRT said himself that he always thought he was
Not inventing, but recording what was already there.
An interesting notion.
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Komosot

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It really all depends on what your definition of fiction/non-fiction is. Tolkien's world in many, many ways is a mirror of our own. And in other ways it is a golden age that will never and can never be. It may not be real to the "extreme" (Balrogs frolicking around). But a balrog to me can be entirely different from what a balrog is to you. Middle Earth is so near, and so real, that you can take things that make up Middle Earth, and relate it to the present, without blowing it out of context. Not in a metaphorical or allegorical sense, but much more personal then that. Tolkien's history IS history, whether it's real or not.

Loriene88

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey Peredhil,
Wow, Tolkien really said that? I feel a little better now. I am glad you think i am not crazy. I often find myself questioning my sanity like Tolkien. Well, thanks for the welcome and if you are interested in talking my e-mail address is: elf_girl_loriene@yahoo.com. Bye
Loriene88

ProgHead777

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nicely put, Komo. :orcthumbs:
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Loriene88

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey Komosot,
I see your point. I think that people can see one thing and think to things about it. I agree with ProgHead777, the comment was nicely put. If you wanna talk write me at elf_girl_loriene@yahoo.com. Bye
Loriene88

valedhelgwath

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to Planet Tolkien, Loriene88. I spent quite a few years looking for elves everytime I went walking in woods, so it would be unjust of me to call you crazy. As scientists are now working on the theory we did in fact come from Mars, after the Science fiction lobby had been telling them that for decades, maybe the historians will someday find a buriel mound containing dwarves.

Loriene88

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey All,
You will probably see me answer most of my comment answers. So, beware!
Loriene88

Loriene88

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hey Valedhelgwath,
Thanks for the welcome. I used to the same thing, look for elves. When I first started to read the books i became completely obsessed with the Middle-Earth, refusing to come out of my own little world, exept of course when i had to go to school. In fact that is where i came up with my two nicknames. Loriene and Gowen. I eventually used those names in the books i wrote. I am recently working on two books. One is sort of an alternate ending to ROTK and the other is me just adding two characters to Tolkien's books. They'll never be as good as Tolkien's and I will probably never finish them or try to have them published. N/E way, before i bore you all to tears. Namarie.
Loriene88
(in case anyone hadn't noticed, Loriene and Loriene88 are one person. I had to come up with a new user name when i registered nder my new e-mail address.)
PS: If anyone is ever interested in a friend, write me. My e-mail address is written her enough times for people to know what it is....yeah i know, i talk too much :)

PlasticSquirrel

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

people say i am crazy. Do you think so, too?

Yep, so was Tolkien though. ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Loriene88

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks Plastic Squirrel. That made me feel much better. ;)

Return to “The Two Towers”