Shelob

Ungoliant

Shelob

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Indeed she is, and if they replace her with Arwen, I'll bite PJ's head off. ;)

But why do you like her? There are also other interesting characters in LotR..I like Gollum myself.

AlienFX007

Shelob

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I like Gollum, too...I just hope that, from what I heard--that he's going to be completely CGI-ed the whole movie(s)--that he doesn't end up looking, well, CGI-ed. They did a good job with the other CGI's, though, so maybe it won't be too bad...

Rosie

Shelob

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i like her because she's big and black and really MEAN! sort of the Machiavellian type which i really like. sort of reminds me of Iago, the best villain in the history of English Literature. well, in my opinion.
She rocks!!!

swampfaye

Shelob

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What do you think she'll look like, if not toatally CGI? PJ did not mention her in his list of CGI characters, so I'm wondering what they'll do with her...

PlasticSquirrel

Shelob

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Can't see how else they'll do it, so maybe that's another one to get upset about!
And hello Alienfx007, I reckonses that Gollum will be just fine, my preciousssssss
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ungoliant

Shelob

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

There's always that big black rubber spider onna string trick, Plastic. I must admit that I was kinda hoping to see the strings on Gwaihir on FotR too. :( Does anyone know who will be doing her voice though?

Hi AlienFX007, & welcome! I kinda liked the way he said, " Gollum... in the movie. I think he'll be alright - although I must say that he did look like a cross between Yoda & ET.

grondmaster

Shelob

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome AlienFX007.

Gollum was a little more wrinkled than either Yoda or ET though, if my eyes remember rightly, with only one viewing.

I just hope they make Shelob big or long legged enough for Sam to stand up right with his sword raised under her, before she lifts her body up to smack him down with it.
'Share and enjoy'

Rosie

Shelob

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i reckon they'll get Oprah to play her..
stick her in a big black shiny spandex body suit and voila!

PlasticSquirrel

Shelob

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

LOL! I forgot all our cheap effects ideas we had before golly! Shame they didn't appear. And she probably will be in it, what with the light being the only gift of Galadriel to surface.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Jehanne

Shelob

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well, a friend of mine just made spider sock puppets with her kindergarden class. Just need some pipe cleaners and googly eyes. Think she should lend one to PJ?

Seriously, though, I agree that Shelob is a great character. One of my faves in TTT, along with Eowyn (of course). She has so much personality! The devil gets all the best tunes, I guess.

Return to “The Two Towers”