Easterling script

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Also, it looks like there are set tengwa and tehta. Tehtar that are above tengwar go BEFORE them in this mode. I'm 100% sure about this. I'll mail you some more stuff when I am able.
That must be right then, because I got exactly the same thing. I think the one that looks like an acute accent, placed over the right hand side of the tengwa is an O.
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It just looks like distorted Tengwar to me.

Tyrhael

Easterling script

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes, it does look like they mixed Tengwar with Arabic and twisted it. Since I have nothing else to do; I'm currently analyzing the script to separate probable vowels and consonants; though there are some stokes that look like neither, i.e. "following y, or +s, etc." I don't expect to understand what it means, though, since I don't know if its in English, or the crew created a bloody language for the Easterlings as well. Anyway, i can't do much with such a limited resource of examples. If anyone else sees more examples of Easterling script, or an explanation on that example, please post a link here or email me @ arcorma@tolkienmail.com. !

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I believe it's English, and contains the words sword and lord. I'll email you my first ideas.

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've sent you two versions.

Tyrhael

Easterling script

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Whoa, beat me to it Pere. But I can't find any emails or pms anywhere. I have two accounts, and one's acting up.
Where did u send these? try arcorma@tolkienmail.com
Whoa. I mean, how did u do that? :shocked: :happyelf:

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That's the one I sent it to, I'll send it again now.

Peredhil

Easterling script

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Done. I hope you get it this time. :)

Tyrhael

Easterling script

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Whoa! I don't know what happened to my email. I have zilch in my inboxes; haven't got mail 4 centuries. Anyway, I did NOT receive it. I hope I can find out what's wrong. R u able to pm it 2 me? At least that works. :(
Maybe THAT's why I couldnt get a KoC confirmation email. Anyway, I'll recheck my email, then try and contact the provider if i can. Actually, Rednell was able to email me, but no one else has been. Huh? Anyway, I'll check.

Tyrhael

Easterling script

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have nothing in my inboxes. Maybe the email server's down? Anyway, I've also made some progress, i.e. separating vowels from consonants; comparing to Tengwar, Sarati, Cirth, Angerthas, and Daeron's cursive runes. I am starting to guess at symbol's meanings; but nothing I've done has come out with recognizeable words.

Return to “The Two Towers”