TTTExtended

Stonehelm

TTTExtended

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I am going to rent the movie, I don't feel like spending $30 bucks right now!

You guys make it sound really good, I am looking forward to when I can see it! The extra scenes sound great.
I will never raise the white flag.

Tyrhael

TTTExtended

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That Gollum easter egg was so funny, i was roflmao :D

I thought it was funny that they made the decision of taking Arwen out of Helms Deep partly because of what we (and other lotr forums) said about it...

Oooo...The power...we must not misuse it...Be on your best behavior! Hehe

Hmm, but how deep into production were they? I wonder if any WWW influence could change the flim if it was already cut and finished. (like RotK, i.e. Saruman)

Aulë

TTTExtended

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If they really did read what was said in the forums and took it to heart then I don´t think these hedonistic movies would´ve been made....but that is just my opinion:P:
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

grondmaster

TTTExtended

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I watched Disk 3 last night and it was almost as good as the movie. There both PJ and Liv said that due to all the furor of the internet rumors about Arwen showing up at Helm's Deep, that they decided to find a different way of keeping the love story alive in TTT. This happened after the release of LotR: FotR and after she had been training in swordsmanship for weeks getting ready for the filming of that battle. So yes we do have some corporate power.

I'm glad they did it the way they did even if Aragorn had to play dead in order to develop Eowyn's infatuation with him.

I also loved that even though we didn't get Tom Bombadil, that they had a huorn play like Old Man Willow burying Merry and Pippin and gave Bombadil's 'Got to sleep now' lines to Treebeard.
'Share and enjoy'

virumor

TTTExtended

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So, originally Arwen would have fought at the battle of Helm's Deep???

Heh, man i am glad PJ took that out. I wouldn't have defended TTT so much if he hadn't done that...... :P:
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Elfstone

TTTExtended

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I also loved that even though we didn't get Tom Bombadil, that they had a huorn play like Old Man Willow burying Merry and Pippin and gave Bombadil's 'Got to sleep now' lines to Treebeard.

Yeah Grondy, I agree, I enjoyed that nod to Old Man Willow too. One of the coolest things about TTT EE is the fact that there are so many cool little places where they gave additional nods to things from the books.

A couple that jump to mind right now for example are, the new scene with Eowyn and Aragorn where Aragorn tells his true age, and then Eowyn says something like you're one of the Dunedain, one of the lost descendants of Numenor. I was glad that reference to the history of M.E. was included.

Also, the new scene with Saurman, and Grima where Saurman mentions the Ring of Barahir, and then they actually show him looking at it in one of his ancient scrolls was cool too.
:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

valedhelgwath

TTTExtended

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've had it sat in a drawer all week waiting for my son to come over so we could watch it together. I was tempted to have a sneak preview, but I resisted temptation, and got to watch it tonight with him.

What can I say..... WOW :D

Just like the extended FotR, the extended TTT just makes the story so much more complete. From the beginning, with Sam and Frodo travelling through the Emyn Muil, the extra scenes make their journey seem so much further. In the theatrical version they just seemed to get there too quickly. That extra few minutes really did the trick.

And just like in FotR where the extended version gave better insight into Boromir's corruption by the ring rather than the theatrical version's sudden conversion, the extended TTT sheds better light on Faramir. Those extra scenes, to me, have given us back Faramir. My only problem with him now is that David Wynham (whatever is name is) just looks indecisive when he is trying to portray his ability to look into men's hearts. It was nice to see Boromir back too, and they nicely managed to pull off the love the two brothers had for each other. Seeing the scene with Denethor really makes you realise the sacrifice Faramir made by releasing Frodo.

And yes, the huorns. I'd heard they were going to be in it, but when they hadn't turned up by the end of the battle, I'd kind of given up. Seeing the uruks disappear into there and get trashed was definitely one of the highlights for me.

The ring of Barahir, too. As the history of that ring is one of my favourite subjects, it was such a bonus to see it get a mention.

After seeing the extended FotR I had been a little disappointed with TTT, but now I'd be hard pressed to choose between them. If anything TTT tips the scales I think.

And only three weeks to go until the next one :D

grondmaster

TTTExtended

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I accidently found the Easter Egg on Disk One and it was hilarious. My daughter and I cracked up, but we had to cover the ears of my grandson during Gollum's acceptance speech. He didn't use Family Friendly vocabulary, while Smeagol for his part did. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Naira

TTTExtended

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I've watched the extended version and I agree with most of you who said that it is much better than the theatrical version. I especially liked the Merry and Pippin parts, drinking the Ent draught, getting caught in what looked like Old Man Willow and also the Flotsam and Jetsam scenes. :D

I think Faramir's potrayal is better in which it's explained why he acted the way he did to Frodo and Sam, besides showing his bond with Boromir and his father's biased love (I thought Denethor was exactly how I imagined him to be, but we'll see in ROTK). But IMO it still didn't justify his treatment of Gollum at the end when he released the hobbits, not to mention his men's brutal gang-up on Gollum earlier! What did Gollum did to him anyway, just because he's ugly and skulking that doesn't mean he is bad! He was Smeagol at that point and they had no reason to treat him like a criminal! :mad:

*cooling off* Anyway, I thought the rest of the scenes were great, including the final tally between Legolas and Gimli as well as the shot of the forest's attack on the Orcs. And although I found Eowyn to be too forward and almost annoying to Aragorn, I liked the part at Helm's Deep where she protested against them putting her with the women and children, I wished they'd put it in the theatrical version. Still, I was a bit startled when she started singing at Theodred's funeral...it wasn't how I expected it. :shocked:

So in the end it does explain a lot more, and fill in the gaps in the flow of the theatrical version. I think it's money well spent and a must-have for a LOTR book fan (who can accept the changes, anyway ;) )
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

virumor

TTTExtended

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So in the end it does explain a lot more, and fill in the gaps in the flow of the theatrical version. I think it's money well spent and a must-have for a LOTR book fan (who can accept the changes, anyway )

So, if all you've posted about the TTTTTTExtended is true and if it makes the theatrical TTTTTT movie able to sit through, then why didn't PJ bring out the extended version immediately in the theatres instead of bringing out 1500 special versions? (apart from the fact that New Line Cinema wants to get every penny out of this commercial success?)

nn[Edited on 2/12/2003 by virumor]
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Return to “The Two Towers”