Grrrrr!

grondmaster

Grrrrr!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

What will they leave out of The Two Towers? Let me guess: 1) Gimli's standing up for Galadriel against Eomer; 2) Pippin and Merry's sojourn with Quickbeam; 3) Gimli's description of The Caverns of Helm's Deep; 4) The Palantir of Orthanc; 5) Most of the trials on the Emyn Mui; 6) The dead faces in the Dead Marshes; 7) Preparation of the coney stew; 8) Half of the climb to Shelob's Lair; and half of Sam's monologue as what to do after Frodo has been killed by Shelob. :(

And if they're not going to Scour the Shire in the third movie, then they will have to kill off or banish Saruman to the Netherworld in the second one. :(

Hopefully none of the above will be omited and we can get back to the story as told by Tolkien. :)
'Share and enjoy'

Ungoliant

Grrrrr!

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Can't wait to hear Gollum's voice. Yessssss!

Boring

Grrrrr!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hear hear, *grondy I think You should have been director of the movies, you know precisly what to cut and to modify.

prolly arwen will leed some elves to scatter the seige of the Hornburg, so you can leave out the Huorns or deposit them at isengard..

StormyPete

Grrrrr!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

As for your guesses Grondmaster:
1) and 2): Yes. 3) They will not even mention The Caverns. 4) I think not for they already showed it in the first part. 5) Yes. 6) No, that is a great scene for a movie! 7) and 8): Yes.
At least that's what I fear!

Ungoliant

Grrrrr!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Will they keep Eowyn, or will Arwen Tyler kill the Witch King? Wouldn't be surprised, you know. *ungoliant

chikakat

Grrrrr!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Eowyn is definitely in...I remember seeing a picture of whoever they cast for her...can't remember who it was, though.

They should make a special uncut version for all us Tolkien nuts...probably they'd make a decent profit off it...there seems to be a bunch of us out there.

PlasticSquirrel

Grrrrr!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That would be great Chika! And there is someone cast as Eowyn yeah, never heard of her though, Miranda something or other I think (look at Tazzy's cast list, she's on there).
*Plastic
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Boring

Grrrrr!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

killing the witch king isnt that ROTK?

grondmaster

Grrrrr!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes it is, but she has to meet and swoon for Aragorn at Edoras, so she can throw herself at him in ROTK, just before he leaves Dunharrow on his way to the Paths of the Dead.
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Grrrrr!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes indeedy, Hey! I finally broke the 100 mark, I am a friend indeed!
*Plastic *drink
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “The Two Towers”