Soundtrack

chikakat

Soundtrack

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I haven't heard the soundtrack by itself, but I intend to. I remember sitting in the movie and thinking how great it was...eventually I'll get ahold of the CD...

JonasG

Soundtrack

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hope you will like, chikakat.

Tinúviel

Soundtrack

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got the soundtrack today!! (as a very belated Christmas gift from 2 of my best friends)
Just finished listening to it, it is awesome!!!!
Evenstar is my favourite track - it goes right to the heart, and I also really liked The King of the Golden Hall, especially the parts done with the Norweigen fiddle!
Unfortunately I didn't really like Gollum's Song - on its own it's okay, but it doesn't fit in with the theme or feel of the movie (I'm not talking about the lyrics, but the overall sound of the song) maybe it will grow on me.

One thing I can't figure out is where the lyrics named in the CD booklet as 'The Ents' and 'The Missing' fit in... I think the latter is from 'Evenstar' but I can't quite make it out, if so why would they use Old English in a song about an elf?
Could anyone fill me in here?????

Tinúviel

Soundtrack

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh yes... before I seem ill-mannered...Welcome to Planet-Tolkien JonasG - hope you enjoy it here.

Rosie_Cotton

Soundtrack

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I love the soundtrack!! I've been listening to it over and over I think "Evenstar" is my favourite although they're all great to listen to. Except Gollum's song, it's a bit to weird even for me.

JonasG

Soundtrack

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thank you, Arwen*Evenstar*.

I must say that I don't think Gollum's Song fit, either, but I like it anyway. I think the feelings Gollum have are showed quite well in it.

Stonehelm

Soundtrack

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have not got TTT soundtrack yet, I liked the FOTR soundtrack though.
I will never raise the white flag.

Naira

Soundtrack

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I got the TTT soundtrack and I think it's great! I like "Evenstar" and "The King of The Golden Hall" also, and "Gollum's Song" is a bit weird but Gollum is a bit weird also, so they fit together. But I must say my fave part was actually the fellowship theme which was brought from FOTR, it's at the beginning of "Riders of Rohan", and when I hear it I just get this big smile on my face for no obvious reason :D
I wonder why Enya isn't featured in TTT s/track though?
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

grondmaster

Soundtrack

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I haven't bought TTT soundtract yet, but am thinking of doing so.
I wonder why Enya isn't featured in TTT s/track though?
Probably because PJ didn't feel Arwen needed to sing and also because he may have heard the Plastic Squirrel complaining that she sang in FotR. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Return to “The Two Towers”