Who do you think Aragorn should be with Arwen or Eowyn?

Sheryl

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I can sort of agree with you. But I can`t really decide. Eowyn does seem more his type, because she`s a human. Arwen doesn`t because she`s an Elf.
Well, actually, that`s wrong! I shouldn`t of said that! It doesn`t matter what culture they are. So.....

I don`t know? :elfconfused:
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

Allyssa

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But Aragorn is in love with Arwen, so that is who he should be with.

Eowyn is only infatuated with Aragorn, because she thinks that he can save her from her 'prison' in Edoras.

PJ is usuing the same device as Tolkien (he did learn something after all ;) ) The audience is supposed to feel more for Eowyn and like her better than the distant Arwen. It makes the romantic side of ROTK more of a surprise.
"May the Angels Guide"

Stonehelm

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Arwen is the one for Aragorn.

Eowyn is only infatuated with Aragorn, because she thinks that he can save her from her 'prison' in Edoras.

That is right Allyssa, just how I think of it too.
I will never raise the white flag.

Tinúviel

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with what Allyssa said.
The very first time I read LotR I was thinking maybe Aragorn would be better off with Eowyn, because at first Eowyn's character is easier to identify with. But by the time I finished the book I realised there was far more to Arwen and her and Aragorn's love than what might first be seen. Aragorn surpasses other Men in many areas: his life span is far greater and he has experienced and learned a lot, also he grew up in the house of Elrond and is Elven wise. In this way he is fit for an elven princess and Eowyn is better off with a normal/regular guy.

valedhelgwath

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

this shows another reason to continue reading in the book after Sam says he's back.
And don't forget about the War of the Dwarves and Orcs. There is more information about dwarves in the appendices than throughout the rest of the books.

grondmaster

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If you skip the story of Arwen and Aragorn in Appendix A of RotK you wouldn't have much to base her character on. I'm glad PJ saw fit to make use of it; this shows another reason to continue reading in the book after Sam says he's back.
'Share and enjoy'

swampfaye

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Aragorn should be with ARwen because he doesn't *deserve* Eowyn!! Faramir is perfect balance for Eowyn - and he is wise enough to not keep her in a birdcage...

Elfstone

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No if, ands, or buts about it, most definitely Arwen!
:makeout:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

ProgHead777

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Arwen is sacrificing her immortality, giving her very life to Aragorn. What can be more profound than that? :superwow:

Eowyn on the other hand, seems more merely infatuated :iloveyou: . This will be evident when you see how quickly she drops him for Faramir :funnylaugh:
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Return to “The Two Towers”