Sam's Inspiring Speech

Stonehelm

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello Nillammenwen, nice to have you at our forum!

And yes it was a good speech by Sam.
I will never raise the white flag.

Lucien

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sam's speech was really good...it does sound sort of sappy but it's pretty emotional in the way that PJ made it look like with the voice over. Hmmm wasn't that added on during the re-shots in summer, I think I read that somewhere so I don't know it it's true or not.

Rosie_Cotton

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes Sam's speech, it's just completely Sam. There's just something about hobbits and their optimism for the future, their whole outlook on life...

Tinúviel

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well said Rossie, it epitomizes Sam's character and nicely wraps up the whole reason for the quest.

Nillammenwen

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks everyone for such a nice welcome! I'm glad there are other people who agree with me, i was trying to explain it to some of my family but they just didn't understand. I hope i'll post replies in the forums more often now!

swampfaye

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I actually didn't like it, and I think you'd be hard pressed to find a more ardent Sam supporter on this site... I don't think it sounded like Sam

Nillammenwen

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think that's why i found it so touching, swampfaye. You're right, it probably wasn't a thing Sam would normally say and that's what makes it special, because this one little ring that his master has is causing so much termoil and heartache it's making Sam pour out feelings like that. He's really bent on helping Frodo accomplish the task and he doesn't like seeing him so desperate. Something really moving like that speech is just what the movie needed at that time, and it made it more important that it was coming from Sam, the hobbit that seems mostly unimportant until then.

elentari31

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hi Nillammenwen!!
I remember a line Sam says when he's talking to Frodo: "...There is some good in this world, master Frodo, and it's worth fighting for." I think that's how it goes? I just remembered it because I was surprised that he said some good, as in only a little, but it's still worth this whole huge war... Ok, I can't really express what I'm trying to say but I hope you understand

Nillammenwen

Sam's Inspiring Speech

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's ok elentari, i know what you mean. Actually, i was thinking about that too and i thought it was a bit funny, but i still love what he said.

Return to “The Two Towers”