Faramir and a laughable arguement

grondmaster

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Whooee! Talk about a Sigmundian Slip. Yes the word "not" is extraneous in my previous post and reverses my intended postBody. :elfembar:
'Share and enjoy'

grondmaster

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But wouldn't it have been kinder to set him straight; suggesting he first finish reading the books instead of laughing at his ignorance? Laughing at the ignorance of others and acting holier than thou, often makes us look just as ridiculous. Teaching to correct is a much better policy. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

Ross

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeh But I'm an obnoxious lanky git and most likely so are all the other people who were there (well apart from lanky). It serve's him right that he will feel like a fool for trying to argue when he was quite obviously wrong.
Sod off I'm busy!

ProgHead777

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

uh huh *nods vacantly*
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Naira

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Of course it's not nice to laugh at clueless people, but that's only if they are clueless and admit that they are. Then we can help explain the whole Faramir saga like a true LOTR fan should. But if the person who are clueless act all knowing and superior, then maybe it's ok to laugh at their ignorance. At least do it to their face, it's better than acting all nice in front of them and laughing behind their backs. Okay, this is too much already, I'll shut up now. :ignore:
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

DOLAMROTH

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

ok just because FAramir would completely lose in a fight against boromir is no reason for him to take the ring and he does not even know about it when he gets FRodo so why would he blindfold him just to take the ring. In this case this is just a mere ranger so he would just do his job and go on doing the same procedure with every un orc prisoner Frodo was no exception

Ross

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But if the person who are clueless act all knowing and superior, then maybe it's ok to laugh at their ignorance. At least do it to their face, it's better than acting all nice in front of them and laughing behind their backs

Oh we laughed in his face, I never laugh at people behind there backs I will hold my tounge until breaking point then tell them the proplem. This guy was just a complete NIMSLO and thought he was being intelligent.
Sod off I'm busy!

ProgHead777

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Okay then- :hahaha: @ Ross
WWGD: What Would Gandalf Do?

Ross

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ok Prog I'm going to paraphrase your quotation
You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because your all the same
Sod off I'm busy!

valedhelgwath

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:moderator: Let's not start pushing the cart down the road where we start getting personal, folks. We are all friends here. Let's try to keep it that way. :moderator:

Return to “The Two Towers”