Does anyone think the same or only me?

Einar

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I didn´t noticed that Legolas was wiser in TTT but then I wasn´t looking for that so it could be.
I agree with you that there was to much of Aragorn, like he was the main character. It should be Frodo.

Vanadil

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't think Aragorn was acting like the main character. All through TTT it showed Frodo one time or another as our hobbit hero. Though we did see a lot of Aragorn in the movie,don't you think it's neccesary to built the imagination in the storyline up for the next installment of LoTR when Aragorn becames King?.
It wasn't until TTT that Aragorn really showed himself as a true potentional King.

Now as for Legolas, Hasn't anyone realised that EVERYONE is at least a little wiser in TTT then FOTR?.
In the beginning no one knew or trusted anyone else in the fellowship but as time went by they gained life long friendships and gained wisdom on the way.

Sheryl

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just noticed that Legolas was more involved in TTT.
As for Aragorn, I think he was involved a bit too much in TTT than was necessary. There wasn`t as much as Frodo in TTT as I would have expected. I mean, there was quite a bit of him in the beginning but not as much in the middle and end. If someone hadn`t seen FOTR, or they hadn`t found out or knew anything about FOTR, I think they would have thought the main character in TTT would be Aragorn. If not, then who is the king?

I think PJ drew attention to Aragorn by adding extra scenes that include him. The scene where he falls off the cliff, that wasn`t in the book, well that was what I was told.

The film ROTK, is the king Aragorn? If he is, then where does he return from and where does he go back to?

Can you answer my questions?
Can you help me out?
PLEASE..........nn[Edited on 26/1/2003 by Sheryl]
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

grondmaster

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

As for Aragorn, I think he was involved a bit too much in TTT than was necessary. There wasn`t as much as Frodo in TTT as I would have expected. If someone hadn`t seen FOTR, or they hadn`t found out or knew anything about FOTR, I think they would have thought the main character in TTT would be Aragorn.
In the book TTT the story is split in thirds: Frod and Sams' doings, Merry and Pippins', and Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas'.

The film ROTK, is the king Aragorn? If he is, then where does he return from and where does he go back to?
In the book LotR, Gondor has been without a king for hundreds if not thousands of years, and when Aragorn accepts the crown, he brings the return of the kingship back to the land.
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with you that there was to much of Aragorn, like he was the main character. It should be Frodo.

The great thing about the Lotr trilogy is that there is no clearly defined main character. it skips about between the entire fellowship, though of course it has to be said that it is mainly the tale of Aragorn and Frodo. But there is such a huge supporting cast that it doesn't work like a traditional book/movie with one guy doing all the cool stuff, and everyone else just saying, OOOOH, he must be the main protagonist, because otherwise it would be a Schwarzenegger/Mel Gibson/Van Damme/any other self-publicising no talent hack movie. Hope this helps you understand a little better.If not, then I may go back to my old catchphrase, "Read the Book!" ;) (I know you're going to anyway, don't worry, i'm a nice skwerl really)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

MelliotSandybanks

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Mellie pets the nice Skwerl. I like your description of the LOTR
The great thing about the Lotr trilogy is that there is no clearly defined main character. it skips about between the entire fellowship, though of course it has to be said that it is mainly the tale of Aragorn and Frodo. But there is such a huge supporting cast that it doesn't work like a traditional book/movie with one guy doing all the cool stuff,
However I have to agrree that reading the book is the best advice one can give. There is so much more in the books than in the movies. The books are not just amazing they are magical, and transport you to another world where you never want to leave.

virumor

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well Legolas doesn't look very 'wise' to me in the movies...

He looks like he's just graduated from Elf-high school i must say.
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

Ross

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think PJ drew attention to Aragorn by adding extra scenes that include him. The scene where he falls off the cliff, that wasn`t in the book, well that was what I was told.

I thought you were reading the book at the moment Sheryl. Go and read it now before you get swamped down in homework for your sat's (this is presuming you live in the UK). It's better than that monstrosity of the film. I bet your school has a copy in it's library, so you don't even have the excuse of going in to your local town.
Sod off I'm busy!

Ross

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

As for leogolas being wiser, No I think he was a unrealistic horse stunt pulling git.
Sod off I'm busy!

Sheryl

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don`t think my school has a copy of LOTR trilogy??? I`ve got the book in my room, but I can`t read it because I`ve got a chapter of TH to read and I`ll be finished! I can`t read TH tonight though because, I`ve left it at school! I`m really sad I have though because I really wanted to get it finished tonight!!

We`ve already got homework for the SAT`s. We get it all the time since September. Epecially from, Miss Harrow, my English teacher!

How can you think that LEGOLAS doesn`t get wiser in TTT! It was blaten because he was more involved in TTT. He`s such a hunk in my books! :P: ;)
I love you! I love you!

I must say it with all my heart!

I love you! I love you!

I wish we weren`t apart!

You know who I am

I know who you r

I have told u this sweet sumthin

even tho u r afar!

Return to “The Two Towers”