Some good news!

Elfstone

Some good news!

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree with your points Merlin, and I also feel that 3.5 to 4 hours should be plenty of time for PJ to give us an adequate version of ROTK. I too hope that ROTK gets the ending it deserves, and I share your feelings about the scene with Saurman in the Shire, because I would really like to see him get his just desserts on the big screen.
:elf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Elfstone

Some good news!

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

No I think you are probably correct about that Perwing. I think that I was wrong in my assumption. When I saw that statement on oscarwatch it was vague, and without very much thought, I added my assumption. In thinking more about it now I think you are right, so maybe this is that 1% of the time (just kidding).
:elfbiggrin:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Dain_II

Some good news!

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I didn't think Faramir met Eowyn...

Allyssa

Some good news!

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

4 hours long? should be enough time for Elladan and Elrohir to say a few words then... :D
"May the Angels Guide"

PlasticSquirrel

Some good news!

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Then why in Eru's name would he have married her my dear Dwarf?
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Stonehelm

Some good news!

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Thanks for that report Elfstone!! That's good stuff!
I will never raise the white flag.

grondmaster

Some good news!

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Faramir and Eowyn met in RotK, Book VI, on the second page of Chapter 5 entitled 'The Steward and King', when they were both convalescing in the Houses of Healing, two days after the Captains of the West left Minas Tirith on their way to the Black Gate of the Morannon. Five days later Faramir proposed, the lady said yes, oh and later that same day an Eagle brought them news that the Dark Tower had fallen. Ho hum. :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

Dain_II

Some good news!

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Sorry, for some reason I remember her as dying at the battle, heroically and all. Silly me. Then I read all this stuff about he marrying him, and I still didn't remember it. In fact, I still don't. But I believe you. How very strange... ;)

Tinúviel

Some good news!

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello, I've been away for a while, I hope you all missed me terribly... :D
Anyway, I've got a sneaking suspision that a good deal of that 4 hours will be devoted to battle scenes (though rightly there should be quite a lot) but I hope they do not compromise on the story too much.
Elfstone, that stuff sounds really good and has alleviated many of my worries - thanks.

Return to “The Return of the King”