Well adapted scenes

Vee

Well adapted scenes

Post#1 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:26 am

I was watching TTT the other day (as you do) and noticed, as I do each time I see it, the scene where Aragorn and Co meet the Riders of Rohan.

"What news from the North, Riders of Rohan?" With astonishing speed and skill they checked their steeds, wheeled, and came charging round. Soon the three companions found themselves in a ring of horsemen moving in a running circle, up the hill-slope behind them and down, round and round them, and drawing ever inwards.

I love that scene in the movie - Eomer leads them in such a smooth sweep with no hesitation exactly as I see it in the book. Sad muppet that I am I had to check the book to see if that scene in the movie was faithful to the book. It is!

Anyone else notice scenes that are reproduced faithfully?

Virumor need not respond. :wiggle:

lord aelric

Well adapted scenes

Post#2 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:52 am

Yeah, bit with the Barrow wi.... no thats not one

uhm... that scene that had the merry ole wierdo Tom Bombad... nope wrong again,

wait a minute i got one Lurtz, when he leads the Uruks to Amo...(damn it wasnt in the Book)

This time., ok ok ok, for real this time - Balrog vs Gandalf, gotta admit that stand-off in the Book is awesome and is adaptation(film) is on the button! (phew)
:evil:

bugyfeanor

Well adapted scenes

Post#3 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:36 pm

Well, there would be the beacons' kindling (though not by Pippin, Mr. Jackson! and not in spite of Denethor!) and the arrival of the Rohirrim on Pelennor (that was SUPERBE, just like in the book!)... And of course, some others I'll remember later...
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

Vee

Well adapted scenes

Post#4 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 3:40 am

I thought I posted this in TTT - because we only have the dvds for the first two - but it seems I posted it in RotK!

Any chance a council member could move it to The Two Towers for me? Please? Pretty please with chocolate....?

:wiggle:

asteroth

Well adapted scenes

Post#5 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:11 am

My favourite scene (not in the TTT though) was "Legolas on the Elephant" That surely was inspiring. I mean think about it, you're in the greatest battle of the century and you can enjoy at the same time. ;)

lord aelric

Well adapted scenes

Post#6 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:30 am

*shakes head* not another Legolas fan? Sheesh, i bet you creamed your pantaloons.

I thought that scene was just plain stoopid! a better word would be "purile" inthat it was an attempt by PJ to further over-enhance Legolas' and more importantly, Orlando Bloom's profile in the film's just for the sake of a few hormone-crazy Kids. Nonsense!

:smoke:

asteroth

Well adapted scenes

Post#7 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:56 am

That was just a joke mate. I dislike Legolas (in the movie) and the movies. (I'll probably get a warning for saying that)

Vee

Well adapted scenes

Post#8 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:08 am

But what I wanted to discuss here was the scenes that were adapted almost to the letter from the book to the film. We have a lot of discussion on the 'faults' of the films. Thought it might be interesting to find some really faithful adaptations.

lord aelric

Well adapted scenes

Post#9 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:10 am

There's a couple of scenes in the Trilogy that almost depict Legolassie accurately and with dramatic Umph!

I particularly liked the "Moria - Cave Troll" scene, expertly filmed and exciting.
And Legolassie with the "Warg Attack" His skill with the bow & the way he pulls himself up the horse's bridle was impressive(had to watch it a couple of times to see how he was supposed to have done it).

But on the whole i stick with my original view of OrlandoLas.

:mad2:

Vee

Well adapted scenes

Post#10 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 5:54 am

Er... excuse me but did that happen in THE BOOK? I don't recall any such description in THE BOOK. But if you can find it....... bite me!

Come on there must be more scenes from THE BOOK that PJ adapted fathfully?

Return to “The Return of the King”