The LotR songs

ithil

The LotR songs

Post#1 » Wed May 25, 2005 3:52 pm

Which of the songs do you like best:

May It Be by Enya
or
Gollum's Song by Emiliana Torrini (Is this her name? I don't quite remember it now, so correct me if I'm wrong)
or
Into The West by Annie Lennox

I think they're all very beautiful and can't quite decide which one I like best, I think it might be Gollum's Song - her voice is brilliant!

grondmaster

The LotR songs

Post#2 » Wed May 25, 2005 4:23 pm

Yes Ithil, Gollum's Song was sung by Emiliana Torrini. I'm partial to Into The West sung by Annie Lennox; it still makes chills run up and down my spine.
'Share and enjoy'

Lemaly Orangeflower

The LotR songs

Post#3 » Wed May 25, 2005 9:00 pm

Ya, i agree. Into the West was the best of the three. I think it related to the story more, and really connected to what was happening, and what the fellowship was thinking and feeling at the end of ROTK. It was a very beautiful song, and one that i find myself humming quite a bit!

neithwen

The LotR songs

Post#4 » Thu May 26, 2005 12:18 pm

Emilia Torrini has a unique voice which is easily connected with Gollum. She takes a lot of his inner fight and pain in this song. It’s a great performance.
I don’t like “Into the West” so much, nevertheless the lyric is well done, but I don’t like the way how it is presented. I think the voice of Annie Lennox is a bit too, how do I say, strong. I would have preferred a softer voice.
All three songs are quite well done as expected by the audience and fans, but each song has another character.
I like as Ithil “Gollum’s Song” best, because of the singer. Concerning the lyrics is “Into The West” absolutely the top.

lady_eowyn_of_rohan

The LotR songs

Post#5 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:52 pm

it's hard to say which song i like the best. it depends. each of them are so different and perfect in the context of the movie.

may it be offers hope and sings of friendship. i love hearing this song.
gollum's song is mournful and haunting. i love playing this song (i'm a musician)
into the west is a great finale, beautiful and is saying goodbyw. i love to sing this song.

if i had to pick (which i guess is the point of this thread) then i'd have to say into the west because it can also be taken out of a lotr context... it doesn't depend on the listener to like the movies. i also like how it was dedicated to cameron duncan.

nimrodel amarie

The LotR songs

Post#6 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:12 pm

As for me, I like more Enya "May It Be". She has a wonderful voice, very clear, like crystal stream. In my imagination, elves have exactly this kind of voice that charms...

cloveress

The LotR songs

Post#7 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:58 pm

My favourite song would be into the west. I don't really know why, because from most points of view gollum's song and may it be pretty much equal into the west, they really have different themes and though they all have one thing in common : melancholy I still consider them as different styles of music. But why I fell for into the west is because when I first heard it it was just perfect. Ending songs always touch you the most... :)

grondmaster

The LotR songs

Post#8 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 7:01 pm

Actually, Into the West was the perfect ending to Peter Jackson's version of Tolkien's work, and it is also my favorite of the three songs.

Today I saw the trailer for PJ's King Kong, just before I saw the screening of Spielberg's War of the Worlds. I can't say I heard or remember any music in either the movie or trailer, just a lot of loud noise: I must have been sitting on top of a subwoofer, for several times I felt the earth move.
'Share and enjoy'

dwarflord

The LotR songs

Post#9 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:29 pm

I love all three songs and cannot decide which one is the best.

cloveress

The LotR songs

Post#10 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:22 pm

I play all three songs all the time on my piano. I FINALLY got the score for it after hunting through a lot of bookstores...phew! I'm actually gonna do a pianoviolin duet on May It Be with my friend. We've been dying to try it out...

Return to “The Return of the King”