Sauron, or not Sauron

swampfaye

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ever play Diablo II? I picture Sauron and his death as kinda l ike Mephisto, just kinda evaporating and screaming into oblivion.

valedhelgwath

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Personally, I think a few glimpses of the dark tower of Barad-dur, and knowing who was watching from within would be sufficient. Often what you do not see is more frightening than that which you can, as nightmares are a figment of our imagination.

Ungoliant

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Often what you do not see is more frightening than that which you can, as nightmares are a figment of our imagination.

I agree with Val. I remember watching most horror movies entirely from behind a cushion or pillow (the Omen, Blair Witch I, Exorcist) and had nightmares for weeks! But when I saw them again much, much later - wihout closing my eyes so much - I found that I was able to cope. Seemed that my imagination was worse than what the director had to offer onscreen.

I *do* think that Sauron will at least be in PJ's RotK though. Shame that...not necessary IMO.

PlasticSquirrel

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nah, cos we already saw him as just an eye in the Fotr, though it looked a lot more like a **** than an eye if you ask me. He only had a physical form in the opening bit, when he was meant to. In all the interviews he's done, PJ has said how hard it is to make a movie without a physically present bad guy, so i think he meant it, and there will just be that big ol' flaming eye again.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Cirdan

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm totally for a non visible bad guy... However at the fall of Barad Dur i'd love to see a big ole screaming Sauron cloud dissapear into the heavens perhaps mingling with a few Nazgul bits on the way:boom:!

grondmaster

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'd love to see a big ole screaming Sauron cloud disappear into the heavens perhaps mingling with a few Nazgul bits on the way:boom:!
Along with some sliced carrots, chopped onion, a couple celery stalks, salt and peppered to suit, and garnished with a sprig of parsley. :D
'Share and enjoy'

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yuck! Sauron soup!

Cirdan

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah me too! I'll be really dissapointed if we dont get that! Mount doom erupting and lots of wispy bits of semi humanoid screaming clouds all merging together! But will they end the movie there or will they go on to the scourging of the shire? I mean that would be such a good ending to the movie (maybe with the crowning of the King etc just to round things off) but part of me would want to see the film close to the very end at the grey havens.....I wonder.......

tuesday

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:D swampfaye what level in diablo r u?
am still at nightmare kinda stuck coz tyrael wont sell me a rogue
u know of any cheats pls... i got to see only Search for Baal and Destruction's End in cinematics.

w/c brings me to the point: YEAH sauron i can picture as BAAL and isn't tyrael kinda like the nazgul minus his magnificent wings? :oneeye:

i dunno 'bout u guys but as i was reading lotr, the idea of evil(sauron) wasn't the main issue of the book (maybe that y he doesn't take the physical form perhaps?). I guess what tolkien wished to achieve was the idea of a heroic civilization where we can relate to the human elements of the characters in ME, that we feel is the lifestyle we wish to emulate/identify with EXACTLY what all classic epic adventures provide!

sos there, am with u cirdan, i dont want a big sauron -bashing to bits ending :flamejump: nn[Edited on 7/7/2002 by tuesday]

Boring

Sauron, or not Sauron

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Often what you do not see is more frightening than that which you can, as nightmares are a figment of our imagination.

I agree with Val. I remember watching most horror movies entirely from behind a cushion or pillow (the Omen, Blair Witch I, Exorcist) and had nightmares for weeks! But when I saw them again much, much later - wihout closing my eyes so much - I found that I was able to cope. Seemed that my imagination was worse than what the director had to offer onscreen.

I *do* think that Sauron will at least be in PJ's RotK though. Shame that...not necessary IMO.

I don't agree with this, not seeing is more scarier.... with the Blair witch project i allmost fell asleep in the cinema... it was incredibly dull the only fun part was when they were screaming "did you hear that" and the other guy says "there was no baby!!! there was no baby!!"
as for the excorcist it was funny we were allmost rolling on the floor of laughing.. great sentences that little demon girl had, which i won't quote here ecause off the censorship :)

as for diablo 2 I'm not very far I've got a level 34 Necromancer and LvL 29 barbarian
Do you also have te expention lord of destruction? those 3 statues are really neet.

Return to “The Return of the King”