how will...

rednell

how will...

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Only PJ knows the answer to that one. I suspect it will end with Frodo, Bilbo, Gandalf and Elves leaving for the Grey Havens. I saw a spoiler picture at one time that showed Elanor running into Sam's arms. The only way I can visualize that scene is when Sam returns to the Shire after Frodo and Company depart. Sort of a happy scene to take the edge of the departure of Frodo. Hence it is entirely possible Sam will be saying:
Well, I'm back.

:read:

Rosie_Cotton

how will...

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah I really hope it ends that way, it makes the book feel complete as though everything can return to normal now showing the hobbits solidarity and resiliance to anything thrown at them ahhh.

TomBombadillo

how will...

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The book is complete already, now just the film. :P: But I'm sure that's what you meant, Rosie. :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Rosie_Cotton

how will...

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My grammar's amazing isn't it but you all know what I mean!! :D

TomBombadillo

how will...

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:wink: We do, Rosie, we do. My grammar isn't that great either. Especially not today, cos I'm really tired. But you can't knock me out of here. Not just yet... :D
Denial is not a river in Africa.

Airecristiel

how will...

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yes, the departure for Gray Havens HAVE to be in the movie!
I can't wait. Or maybe I can. Nope, I can't. =)
I just think it's a shame there has been so little attention to Sam's crush on Eleanor. It's cute. =)
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
/Oscar Wilde

Arwen_RingBearer

how will...

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I hope that it will end as it should, but we have to count The PJ factor, the everlasting, bloody, uneccessary bnot no mention mindless battles he puts up might take out everything we want to see untill the extended edition comes out....
Estel,
Elen sila lumenn omentilmo,
Cormamin niuve tenna' ta elea lle au',
Amin mela lle.
Arenel Arwen

Airecristiel

how will...

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But the endings surely must be the same in the ordinary and the extended version? :shocked:
nn[Edited on 24/1/2003 by Airecristiel]
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."

/Oscar Wilde

Celebrian

how will...

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Wouldn't count on it....

PlasticSquirrel

how will...

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I just think it's a shame there has been so little attention to Sam's crush on Eleanor. It's cute. =)

I think you mean Rosie (Elanor was their daughter) and at this point, there hasn't really been any mention of Rosie in the books either, if anything PJ has added to it by making the point of showing Sam with her (twice in the extended DVD) and making no bones about his intentions towards her. Whereas in the book, I felt that the whole Rosie thing was an afterthought chucked in at the end to add a little more warmth to finish on.

btw. welcome to PT Airecristiel hope you enjoy your time here, and please don't take mt nitpicking and arguing to heart, I was born antagonistic. :)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Return to “The Return of the King”