Faramir and Eowyn

Allyssa

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I don't think PJ could possibly throw out the whole Eowyn and Faramir romance - it is just too perfectly hollywood. And I am sure that we will see that kiss atop the battlments of Gondor. Lucky girl, Miranda Otto, gettin to kiss Faramir (even if it is only make-believe).

I am looking forward to seeing the two of them get together. :funnylaugh:

Faramir's life: I think that when Faramir returns to Minas Tirith, he will already have been hit by the dart, and will already be sick. Denethor will hardly bother to execute his son if he is already dying. We will then proceed to the 'burning alive' scene as per the book (PJ will not be able to resist it, I think). Once Denethor is out of the way, Faramir will be the steward and will not likely have himself executed, so all will be well.

Those are my guesses, anyway. ;)
"May the Angels Guide"

swampfaye

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Oh yes Alyssa - I forgot Faramir is already in Osgiliath! I keep thiking about the book... (stupid me!) - yes, having him get slashed by some Nazgul (this is my prediction), ala Frodo and have him turning slowly into one, might make Denethor's pyre a little less "insane"... then Eowyn and Merry kill the witch king...

Hey Eowyn, you think you got it rough not being able to fight? Meet Faramir... his father tried to kill him...nn[Edited on 12/29/2002 by swampfaye]

Stonehelm

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Well whatever they do I hope it stays near to what happens in the book.
I will never raise the white flag.

Faramir

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's really too bad that we have to predict what will happen..... we should know, but because of the way that the movie was messed up.... we don't.

valedhelgwath

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

If I remember correctly, Denethor's punishment when he found out that Faramir had released the hobbits was to send him back to Osgiliath to hold the river. Either this will still happen, or events will proceed without Faramir going back to Minas Tirith, only to be told to return to Osgiliath. In this latter case, which I think is most likely, Faramir will already be dying by the time Denethor sees him, having taken a poisoned dart during the retreat.

Stonehelm

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Will they do both the battle of Pellanor fields and the battle at the black gate? I don't know, but I don't think that they can do two major battles in a three hour movie.

Thoughts?
I will never raise the white flag.

valedhelgwath

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Will they do both the battle of Pellanor fields and the battle at the black gate? I don't know, but I don't think that they can do two major battles in a three hour movie.
I would like to think so. Surely they did not create the Black Gate set just to see an army march through it. I think we'll get to see a short battle which gets cut short when the ring gets destroyed.

I'd like to see the Battle of Bywater too, but I don't think we'll get to see the Scouring of the Shire. I think it'll be a case of Sam and Frodo looking over a hilltop, just like in the last two, and Sam saying "good to be home again, Mr Frodo."

PlasticSquirrel

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It's really too bad that we have to predict what will happen..... we should know, but because of the way that the movie was messed up.... we don't.

I like that, if I knew what was going to happen, why would I bother going to see the movie?
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

swampfaye

Faramir and Eowyn

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

but you DO know what's going to happen - Just like you knew what was going to happen in Saving Private Ryan - and in "Tora, Tora, Tora"... I know I watch the same movies over and over, even though I know what's going to happen...

I even read Dune at least once a year since I was 14... that's more than 15 times!

Return to “The Return of the King”