Hi I'm New

valedhelgwath

Hi I'm New

Post#151 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to the site, elflinglight. I hope you have a great time here. I look forward to seeing you around. :)

LadyFeawen

Hi I'm New

Post#152 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And why won't my signature work?

Go to the forum page ,then to Profile which is next to 'Member List' (its small),fill out your signature then save it.It should work then & don't forget to make sure you check the little box that says Use Signature while posting. Hope that helps. :catsmiley:
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Stonehelm

Hi I'm New

Post#153 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Hello there elflinglight! Hope to see you around the forum!
I will never raise the white flag.

grondmaster

Hi I'm New

Post#154 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

And why won't my signature work?
-Roquen-: You must also ensure that your signature reads the same both as entered under [u]Profile[/u] located above and as entered under [u]Change your info[/u] under [u]My Account[/u] via the Menu at the upper left.nn[Edited on 24/11/2003 by Grondmaster]
'Share and enjoy'

elflinglight

Hi I'm New

Post#155 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Welcome to the site, elflinglight. I hope you have a great time here. I look forward to seeing you around. :)
:smoke: ...thanks for the welcome folks.....its soooo friendly in here... can i stay forever...hehe...i ramble on about legolas alot though...obsessed is what you could call it ....it must be the long hair ...or the bow..or way he is dressed with the long hair...or it could be the colour blonde..oh and those eyes...had enough...lol...
:merryxmas:

-Roquen-

Hi I'm New

Post#156 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ah, thank you Grond! That was the reason.

And now I have my Profile settings so that everything's in Italian! yay! There should be a version of the forum in Quenya too; what better way for members to learn the Elvish language?

:moderator: Unfortunately, I had to turn your signature off because it was in contavension of our rules which prevent you using sigs of more than three lines in length including spaces. :moderator: nn[Edited on 27/11/2003 by Valedhelgwath]

valedhelgwath

Hi I'm New

Post#157 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

On 27/11/03 Morwen wrote
Hullo!
I'm a big fan of LOTR the Hobbit and Tolkien en general and I just registered to this site. I'm looking forward in meeting Tolkien fans because when I start talking about LOTR to people who aren't fans they find me quite annoying because I just keep on going and going 'till they want to kill me. Anyway, here I am and I hope I won't be to annoying(even to Tolkien fans)
Navaer
Morwen
On 27/11/03 Lady Feawen replied
Welcome to Planet-Tolkien,Morwen,I hope you enjoy being a member as much as I have and stick around. I love your screen name,doesn't it mean Dark Maiden?
~fea

-Roquen-

Hi I'm New

Post#158 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You're kidding. I was told four lines. *Sighs.* What peculiarly restrictive tendencies there are here...no images in signatures, no BBCode, not even HTML, the very staple of internet life... ah well; it makes PT more...unique, definitely, among internet fora. Uniqueness is always a selling point.

I've changed it. I hope it's okay now...unless using special ascii characters is also forbidden.

grondmaster

Hi I'm New

Post#159 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Morwen: Welcome to our forum, I look forward to reading your posts and sharing our interest in all things Tolkien. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

rednell

Hi I'm New

Post#160 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

You're kidding. I was told four lines. *Sighs.* What peculiarly restrictive tendencies there are here...no images in signatures, no BBCode, not even HTML, the very staple of internet life... ah well; it makes PT more...unique, definitely, among internet fora. Uniqueness is always a selling point.

I've changed it. I hope it's okay now...unless using special ascii characters is also forbidden.

These features take up a great deal of bandwidth. We have the luxury of enjoying this site because Taz covers all the costs for the bandwidth. By limiting the features allowed in the signature, we can keep the costs down.That is the reason.

Return to “The Prancing Pony”