Gender differences

Tinúviel

Gender differences

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I'm not sure, but I think this website has a fair mixture of girls and guys (possibly more guys though)

And it's terrible, but not one of my female friends is into Tolkien or any other fantasy for that matter... okay one of my friends watched TT with me a few times, but she's never read the book and I'm sure she only goes to drool over Legolas :shakehead:
I guess that's why most of my friends are guys.

The reactions I get from some people when I tell them I've seen TT 7 times at the cinema is awful - they look at me like I'm some kind of freak or something. :disturbed:

grondmaster

Gender differences

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Most of my male friends don't like historical murder mysteries written by female postAuthorIDs, but I do. Maybe we are just a bunch of non-conformists who have flocked together under the Tolkien umbrella where we can share that which we like and ignore our diferences.

The reactions I get from some people when I tell them I've seen TT 7 times at the cinema is awful - they look at me like I'm some kind of freak or something.
No comment! :elfbiggrin:
'Share and enjoy'

TomBombadillo

Gender differences

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

The reactions I get from some people when I tell them I've seen TT 7 times at the cinema is awful - they look at me like I'm some kind of freak or something

Little advice: don't tell 'em. :orcgin:

As to the initial question: I'm sure it's a fairly well proportioned mixture of girls and boys. The guys are around more often perhaps. :elfbiggrin:
Denial is not a river in Africa.

PlasticSquirrel

Gender differences

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think it's about 50:50 to be honest, the council is a ratio of 4:3 blokes to girls, but that's just coincidence, we didn't get picked for what sex we are. Plus nobody can ever tell who's a guy and who's a girl round here (cos there's all these girls called Tom ;))
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

MelliotSandybanks

Gender differences

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Plastic is correct. I think it is about 50/50 here.

My best friend Stacie is really into Fantasy and Tolkien. (She read it long before i ever did. She and matthew actually have more in common in that area than matthew and I do.) My other friends don't really care one way or the other. I take most of my fantasy recomendations from those 2.

Sheryl

Gender differences

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I`d just like to say, I`m not into Sci-fi and all that rubbish stuff! But I love LOTR!! :funnylaugh: Strange isn`t it! Or maybe not? :cool:
I love you! I love you!
I must say it with all my heart!
I love you! I love you!
I wish we weren`t apart!
You know who I am
I know who you r
I have told u this sweet sumthin
even tho u r afar!

Samwisegamgee

Gender differences

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I agree that there are a pretty equal number of guys and girls on this site, though before coming here I knew only two girls who liked LotR (this meaning the book, all the girls I know love the movie). But it doesn't really matter to me, because I think that it is great to talk about Tolkien with everyone and anyone. :D

Luthien79

Gender differences

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Both me and one of my sisters always liked LOTR although I was the bigger enthusiast. More recently, I managed to get my oldest sis to read the book and she loved it.
I got my ex boyfriend into it and also my cousin who is male. He got his half sister into it though.

Can't think of anyone else right now.

Ishayala

Gender differences

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I think Tolkien books are equally liked by both sexs, but I have seen more guy´s that are really into it(this website is an ecepcion of course, I talk about people surrounding me
), though my best friend is totally into Tolkiens books, unfortunable, now I´m in Germany and she´s not, and all the girls/women I´ve met here don´t even seem to know that LOTR-movies are based on a book, terrible I know.... :verysad: but seriously I´ve been asked recently if there´s a "fourth" part of LOTR......

adweena

Gender differences

Post#10 » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:38 pm

none of my friends like lotr besides one shes just into legolas.
as for the question i think its about 50 50 also

Return to “The Prancing Pony”