My favourite kind of BEER!!!!!!!!

Peredhil

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Nothing beats John Smith's. It is, as the adverts say, Pure Silk in a Glass. :alchaholic:
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

musicimprovedme

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Three words.

Bud
Weis
ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Darous

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

My Friends the king of beer is Bass.
When history looks down its weird vestigial stump of a nose at us, it'll have a lot of very shitty things to say.

valedhelgwath

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

But most of the above are lagers, not beers. You cannot beat the real ales from the smaller breweries. My favourite tipples are Bateman's XXXB, Theakstone's Old Peculiar, and McEwen's 70 shillings.

If I'm in a strange town though, and not sure whether the landlord knows how to keep his beers, I generally play it safe and go for the John Smith's. It's a bit like the McDonald's of the beer world... every pint is guarenteed to taste the same.

musicimprovedme

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So then you could call it McBeer, then huh Val??

"I'll have a Quarter Pounder with Cheese, large fries, and a supersize McBeer..."

elemuel

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

As Homer Simpson says, "BEEEEEEEER" you know people can be picky, but when you've got too much blood in your alcohol system anything with an alcohol content or some surgeon general's warning is tasty stuff... :paranoid: You know, on the weekends :shakehead: But, if I had a choice,i definately choose..alcohol, no water, no...You ever wonder if Tollkien wrote drunk? A lot of good writers did and do! :smoke:

PlasticSquirrel

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Anyone who's read my old posts from way back will know that I favour draincleaner (heavily diluted of course) though most household cleaning products will do for me. ;)
Disclaimer: Plastic Squirrel is still a fully trained, half blind, frothing at the mouth idiot, please do not attempt to drink ANY household cleaning products or you will discover the true meaning of the words internal organ failure

(Grondy fixed the bold-off symbol so that the SKWRL's signature was legal in this post instead of showing up in bold.)nn[Edited on 5/3/2003 by Grondmaster]
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Peredhil

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

That said, anything in the sort of meths - paraffin - white spirit kind of area is always good. :dead:
A mind full of fire and a fistful of steel.

Return to “The Prancing Pony”