Beautiful Men - The Drool Thread

Ungoliant

Post#51 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Yeah, Putin's interviews usually are hilarious. I'm supposed to be writing a paper on his clampdown on the media for my Russian class, but I always get distracted whenever I watch his interviews. Maybe I ought to write about Yeltsin instead, no chance of being sidetracked there.

Brosnan is far too skinny to be a Bond. Dunno why they picked him. Dalton was so much hunkier.

Yummy

Post#52 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Dalton did his best work as the Emerald Prince in Flash Gordon. He always seemed to over-act everything else, though he's attractive. Yes, I agree Pierce B. is too skinny to be Bond, but he was so Bond-like as Remington Steele - there was an absolute outcry when he was passed over for Dalton after Roger Moore retired the role.

Can you do your paper on the First Ladies of Russia? Have they done anything interesting, aside from keeping the mink/sable industry afloat?

Ungoliant

Post#53 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I remember that hoo-haa about Brosnan vs. Dalton Bond thing! Seemed that the Bond people had always targeted Brosnan, but Remington Steele had such a strong following that he wasn't allowed to break his contract. I didn't like him as Bond though, but I liked him way back as the Saint.

Russian First Ladies are not supposed to do anything. Russians are still conservative in that sense, Raisa Maximova was constantly in the spotlight for trying to be different and she was absolutely hated at home for it (although the West loved her). Although you must question the wisdom of flaunting the fashionable outfits, trips to the West and hobnobbing with foreigners when her fellow countrymen were standing in bread queues & drinking moonshine. Not very smart. As for the current one - intelligent (graduate of the philological department of the Leningrad State University if I'm not mistaken), and now a happy matron. Grr.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#54 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Pierce Brosnan is without doubt the best Bond since Connery! He has managed the impossible, to merge the vulnerability and humanity of Fleming's original "man with loneliness forced upon him" with the movie image of the unbreakable "Man of Steel". Dalton was a great Bond, but too much like the Bond of the Books for movies, whereas Moore was TOO comical. Dalton couldn't deliver a classic Bond one-liner to save his life, whereas Pierce can do it as well as Connery ever could.

"Shocking"
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

swampfaye

Post#55 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Pierce Brosnan is without doubt the best Bond since Connery!

Dalton was a great Bond, but too much like the Bond of the Books for movies

"Shocking"

Are you drooling Plastic? I didn't see any drool.

I liked Pierce as Remington Steele but not as Bond. TImothy Dalton was perfect IMO. I liked him as the Barron in Flash Gordon too and Max Von Sydow was even kinda hunky... Hail Ming! (did you catch Richard O'Brien in Flash Gordon?? It's astounding....)

Richard O'Brien had all the best lines in D&D and if they would have just let him be in every scene, he could have saved that movie :)

I want more of the mummy magi dude, with his cool accent.

Rosie

Post#56 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Pierce Brosnan.. :P :P :P Mr. James Bond. Need i say more? if only he was 30 years younger.. *sigh*

and Colin Firth.. :P :P :P
and of course, dear old Orlando. :P :P :P

yeah british (and irish and scottish) guys rule! :D :D :D

swampfaye

Post#57 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I do like Collin Firth and British Chaps aren't bad, Americans are very pleasing to look upon, but Aussies (and Kiwi's) both look and sound faboo... here's a few:

Mel Gibson
Michael Hurst (slurp)
Hugh Jackman
Russell Crowe
Kevin Smith (yummmmmmy)

Ungoliant

Post#58 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Who's Colin Firth again?

I've always had a soft spot for Ralph Fiennes. Awfully sad looking chap.

PlasticSquirrel

Post#59 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Mr Firth would be best known as Mr Darcy in the BBCs Pride and Prejudice.
And Mr Fiennes is a fine actor, liked his Heathcliff. Not Drooling though ;)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Halo_Black

Post#60 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Colin Firth *adds to puddle of drool left by everyone else* :P
Acctualy Jeff Hardy isn't that bad looking either...

Return to “The Prancing Pony”