Menudo;)
Life's a piece of sheit, when you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true
You'll see its all a show, people laughin as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you

Airecristiel

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

well, my favourite food is Chicken Kiev, but I imagine people has heard of that.
"Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much."
/Oscar Wilde

valedhelgwath

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

When I used to be a fisherman we used to cook the shrimps and prawns on board. Occasionally a whiting (a fish similar to a small cod) would find its way into the cooking pot too, and find itself boiled. Once boiled, the flesh of any fish would disintegrate in the washing riddle, leaving pretty much just the skeleton. What used to get left behind too, was the fishes stomach. Having been boiled it would go rubbery, and these stomachs would eventually find themselves in a bag with the shrimps.

Oh, yer, the relevence to this thread???

Occasionally these rubbery boiled stomachs would still contain a partially digested shrimp that the fish had dined on, the gastric juices having disolved the shrimps carapace.
I don't think there's any name for these shrimps wrapped in boiled fish stomachs, but they are really nice. For some reason, no one else seems willing to try them.

Andrea

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I LOVE mashed potatoes! That has to be my favorite food. I don't really like spicy, unless it's Middle Eastern spicy, like curry :D
Reach high, for the stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream preceeds that goal.

Tyrhael

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Kugelis are a Lithuanian food; they're supposed to be like potatos fried w/ onions and stuff, but my grandmother makes them with bacon strips and I heap sour cream on them. :D

grondmaster

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Kugelis are a Lithuanian food; they're supposed to be like potatos fried w/ onions and stuff, but my grandmother makes them with bacon strips and I heap sour cream on them. :D
Makes my mouth water Arcor. :puppy:
'Share and enjoy'

Naira

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I love potatoes in any way they are cooked, but my fave is tordesillas which you might have heard of. It's a Spanish dish where you fry the potatoes with eggs (along with onions or mushrooms), it's very simple but delicious. I can eat it everyday! :orcthumbs:
"I wish the real world would just stop hassling me"

PlasticSquirrel

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

my fave is tordesillas which you might have heard of. It's a Spanish dish where you fry the potatoes with eggs (along with onions or mushrooms), it's very simple but delicious. I can eat it everyday!

Wow, I thought I'd invented that! I call it Spuds a la Dave, and I do eat it nearly everyday.
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Ross

Ethnic/Different Foods

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Eggs benedict, with bacon on toast, breakfast
Toad-in-t’hole, dinner
Roast pork (with crackling), Yorkshire puddings, sprouts, roast potatoes and gravy, tea

(Grondy merely fixed the errant ASCII number; he couldn't find any bad language to censer.) :elkgrin: nn[Edited on 22/9/2003 by Grondmaster]
Sod off I'm busy!

Return to “The Prancing Pony”