Help! Help, help help meeee!

Halo_Black

Post#1 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:32 pm

Hope I've posted this in the right place.
Anyways, I urgently need some advise. I intend to by...A HAMSTER! *insert dramatic music here* But theres one little problem. Ya see, there are two kinds of hamsters, the Russian Hamster (pass the vodka!) and the Sirrian Hamster (probably spelt wrong.). One is a nasty, viciouse, ball of needle sharp teeth and the other is a cute, fluffy little thing with the aggression level of a ball of cottonwool. Now, I want a cute, fluffy, non-aggressive Hammy...but I don't know which one is the non-killer type. The Russian, or the Sirrian? Please help, I don't want to be devourered by a hamster just 'cause I got the wring type!

LadyFeawen

Post#2 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:44 pm

I'd stick with the "cute,fluffy little thing". :elfwink:
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

HobbitHomie05

Post#3 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 3:56 pm

I'll look it up quick on Google for ya!!! :D

Eryan

Post#4 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:10 pm

Syrian hamsters are really cute, too. However, bear in mind, Halo, that hamsters are very short-lived. You will get attached to your pet, and then very soon you will have to copy with its death...

aminal

Post#5 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 4:38 pm

speakin of small hairy things, i just got a mouse the other day. Im a biology student and i stole one of those albino (white) lab mice to keep as a pet, since they were gonna give him malaria. It seemed like a good idea at the time. anyway, if anyone knows anything about mice they may be able to help me cos, it's gone crazy, all he does is run round and round in a circle all day, really fast.... then he goes to sleep.
if anyone's got any clue how to de-crazy-fi a mouse id appreciate it.

Elfstone

Post#6 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:05 pm

if anyone's got any clue how to de-crazy-fi a mouse id appreciate it.

Try giving him a puff of some "Old Toby"! :elfwink:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

HobbitHomie05

Post#7 » Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:50 pm

maybe you should take it to a vet or something, or get him one of those wheel things so he quits going round in a circle and burns his energy a less annoying way!! ;)

Vee

Post#8 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 3:13 am

Give the cat some catnip.

:grin:

Halo_Black

Post#9 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:35 am

Relax Aminal, you'd go all crazy and run all over the place if you were maleria free. Your squeeky little companion is just glad to be maleria free. Going nuts is just his way of thanking you...unless he's some kind of geneticly modified super mouse. If you rescused another one you could call 'em Pinky and Brain! Also it was very kind to rescue him in the first place, I hate animal testing.
Thanx for the hamster advise everyone. Russian hamster it is...I don't know what to call it though. Of, that reminds me; my friends going to get two new gerbils! And in memory of his first gerbil, Gandalf the Brown and Furry, he's going to names them Fangorn and Aragorn. Three cheers for Devil_Phil and his LotR based rodents! Huzzah!

aminal

Post#10 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:47 am

good advice all round, i think, so thanks.

If you rescused another one you could call 'em Pinky and Brain!

I would have gone for the pinky and the brain idea but one of the lads in my block (im in university halls of residence) is nicknamed "brain" on account of it being his last name. and we all call his girlfirend pinky, so calling a pair of mice pinky and the brain would have got too complicated. I ended up keeping the original name that he had in the lab...... number one!!!!

Return to “The Prancing Pony”