PT Advice Collum

ainulindhe

PT Advice Collum

Post#1 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:38 pm

I've always been told that I give good advice, so I thought that I'd start a thread for us all to give each other advice on life's trivial problems. So if anyone has a problem or dilemma, big or small, that you can't seem to come to a conclusion about, or you just need an opinion or input, please post here. There are a lot of us and together we can help one another!

ainulindhe

PT Advice Collum

Post#2 » Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:57 pm

yes,I realized too late that I had misspelled "column". Sorry!

Vee

PT Advice Collum

Post#3 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:38 am

I read it as 'PT Advice Gollum' and wondered what on Middle Earth would I advise Gollum to do? Don't dance near the edge of pits of boiling lava!!!!

lord aelric

PT Advice Collum

Post#4 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:02 am

Tell gollum to try a fish supper with deep fried 'Taters! thats my advice... i rather liked the idea of an "Advice Gollum", Smeagol/Gollum give alternate advice on folks problems with hilarious results...

OK i'm gonna start a thread!

:grin:

elanamirkad

PT Advice Collum

Post#5 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:12 am

I think its a great idea Ainulindhe. Ok, heres something. On Sunday im getting confirmed at my church. My dad, and a whole lot of other ppl r going to be there. But i have to walk down with my parents, and my mom wants my stepdad, Al to walk down instead of my dad. i dont mind Al, but he sure isnt my dad. what do i do????
Hello to everyone and I hope I can get to know everyone here. I already had some people welcome me here.

Snape

PT Advice Collum

Post#6 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:26 am

Repent now and save yourself a lifetime of sundays, my son.

Vee

PT Advice Collum

Post#7 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:41 am

Let them both walk with you.

gnampie

PT Advice Collum

Post#8 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:44 am

Well, I'm always good in solving someone else's problems, but never my own.

You know, we have several topics about problems. This one, the brooding club and there is an other one I think. And we have so many names relating to Tolkien's books, but why don't we call one of these topics 'the houses of healing'? People could go there with both emotional and physical problems and of course also with 'cures'.

Vee

PT Advice Collum

Post#9 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:54 am

A Jolly Good Idea, said Vee and sits back to wait....

Or maybe a forum called Houses of Healing with lots of threads from sick people (spirit, soul and body)

elanamirkad

PT Advice Collum

Post#10 » Fri Apr 30, 2004 8:52 am

not a bad idea Gnampie, and Tarrant, srry, i am already a dedicated christian. but the problem, Vee, is that my mom said that she would basically refuse to walk down with both of them. I can image the same thing happening on my wedding day (which is probably centuries away). she and my dad dont get along very well at all. i really wouldnt want to start a fight with my mom on the topic of my father.

Hello to everyone and I hope I can get to know everyone here. I already had some people welcome me here.

Return to “The Prancing Pony”