Fans over Forty

norlin

Fans over Forty

Post#1 » Tue May 04, 2004 9:00 am

Ellen Sila Lumein Omentillmo
A star shines at the hour of our meeting.
I'm starting this thread for those of us out there who are long time fans of the words of JRR Tolkien.
Welcome all

Elfstone

Fans over Forty

Post#2 » Tue May 04, 2004 1:00 pm

Hi Norlin, and welcome to PT! :wavehello:

Sadly, truth be told, at this particular site the overwhelming majority of our membership seems to be under the age of 18. However there are a few of us “older” types around with our beloved Grondmaster being the “ancient mariner” around here so to speak (just kidding Grondy)!
:P:

I myself have recently turned 33, so I’m gaining on you! Anyway just wanted to welcome you to the forums, we’re glad to have you here, and I think you will find that this is by far the friendliest Tolkien site on the net!
:happyelf:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

valedhelgwath

Fans over Forty

Post#3 » Tue May 04, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi Norlin. Welcome to Planet Tolkien.

I stopped having birthdays a few years ago when I reached 38 and caught up with my mother. I'll leave this thread for those who really are over forty, therefore. Try Vee... she'll never tell me her age so she must be getting on a bit :grin:

grondmaster

Fans over Forty

Post#4 » Tue May 04, 2004 5:24 pm

Yup, I'm a greybeard and have one to prove it. Welcome to out forum Norlin. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

rednell

Fans over Forty

Post#5 » Tue May 04, 2004 7:08 pm

Welcome to PT Norlin :wavehello:
Well, this is one club that I can join. Although, that is as much information on this subject as I will divulge.
There are a few of us around, actually. We just hide it well. :P

Amarië

Fans over Forty

Post#6 » Tue May 04, 2004 11:30 pm

I'm only 23, but I just wanted to say that is about time the grownups of this site get a place of their own and let us know you exist! The teenagers are chatting away like teenagers do, a lot and out loud. About time people who come to this site clearly get to see that people of all ages come here. Grown-ups of the Planet Tolkien unite! :orcthumbs:
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Vee

Fans over Forty

Post#7 » Wed May 05, 2004 4:08 am

Grown-ups? Who are you calling a grown-up?

Anyway, I am late, late, late 30s. I don't intend growing-up. Straight on till morning........

tommie

Fans over Forty

Post#8 » Wed May 05, 2004 7:51 am

I'm only 23, but I just wanted to say that is about time the grownups of this site get a place of their own and let us know you exist! The teenagers are chatting away like teenagers do, a lot and out loud. About time people who come to this site clearly get to see that people of all ages come here. Grown-ups of the Planet Tolkien unite!

:withstupid: Yes, thank you for putting that so nicely, Amarie, now I only have to say "I agree with that". :wink:

Welcome, welcome, Norlin!

Since I have only recently turned 20, I will quickly leave this thread to you "grownups". :elkgrin:

Stonehelm

Fans over Forty

Post#9 » Wed May 05, 2004 8:23 am

And I will say hello to Norlin...Hey Norlin! Welcome to Planet Tolkien...and take my leave rather quickly.
I will never raise the white flag.

Vee

Fans over Forty

Post#10 » Wed May 05, 2004 8:56 am

Try Vee... she'll never tell me her age so she must be getting on a bit

You are heading for the slapping of your life........

:wiggle:

Return to “The Prancing Pony”