Pet names

nessa_narmolanya

Pet names

Post#1 » Fri May 28, 2004 5:12 pm

Post your pet's name (hopefully a LOTR one) what kind of animal it is, and why you chose the name. Below is mine.

Animal: hamster
Name: Luthien Tinuviel
Why: She's a dark colored fancy hamster, so she's really pretty. Also, Luthien was said to be a nimble Elf, and my hamster is REALLY nimble.
Yes im 13. Yes iv read it 20 times. Yes, im obsessed.

Stonehelm

Pet names

Post#2 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:03 pm

We had a dog named Frodo last year. He died, some problem with his brain.

Yes, I'm sure that was the kind of post you were looking for. We have two dogs now, Olive and Leo.
I will never raise the white flag.

loni

Pet names

Post#3 » Fri May 28, 2004 7:08 pm

Animal: A shpeckledy-wab (A rabbit)
Name: Speckles (I wanted to name him Felagund, but the family flatly refused to call him 'some silly name from your obssession')
WHat he's like: He's the cleverest pet you could ever have. I taught him to stay (or so I thought), so whenever I left my room and said 'stay,' he would stay in the very same position until I got back. When I walk into my room, i always kick the door open. Then for some reason I didn't. I saw Speckles jump back up onto the bed and get in the same position. He even took care to arrange his ears. I jumped in and yelled 'aha!' and he swapped the position of his ears. He thought he had arranged his ears wrong, and so been found out. He'sh sho shweet, my shweet shpecklesh!

icefangs

Pet names

Post#4 » Fri May 28, 2004 8:07 pm

I know he's not LOTR, but, I wanted to post him anyway...
~*~*~
Name: Cocoapuff, nickname: Cocoa
Animal: Half rat terrier, half dachshund (weenie dog)
What he's like: Cocoa is, in my all-important opinion, the sweetest, smartest little doggie in the whole world. He is five, almost six years old. He's dark brown, with a darker stripe down his back, big, floppy ears, and a stub-tail. I think his big, brown eyes are kawaii!!!!

Ross

Pet names

Post#5 » Sat May 29, 2004 8:52 am

Name: Dumper (also has been known as Bilbo and Half a pint of guiness)
Animal: Rabbit
Why: because before we trained her she kept crapping all over the house

N: Turnip
A: Guinea Pig
W: Good word

N: Cheese
A: Duck
W: Check out his brothers name

N: Quackers
A: Duck
W: Bad sense of humour

N: Porridge
A: Rat
W: she was creamy white

N: Syrup
A: Rat
W: She was brown and more of a bad sense of humour

N: Sprout
A: Rabbit
W: Tradition

N: Biscuit
W: He was biscuit coloured

N: Humbug
W: He's black with a white stripe and more tradition

N: Yoghurt
W: White and you get the point

N: Chip
A: Rabbit
W: He was inherited when my cousins emmigrated to australlia, they have a lack of imagination and copied my tradition of naming all my animals after food

Please not all the guinea pigs are also known as Mr Pig. But as my Uncle, dad and I are all also known as Frank this may go some way to explaining this.
Sod off I'm busy!

nessa_narmolanya

Pet names

Post#6 » Sat May 29, 2004 9:52 am

Wow Ross, you have a lot of pets! :cat: My brother wants to post that he has a hamster named Hilts (from the Great Escape) named so, because on the way home from the pet shop, he chewed through the box. He also escaped when we were gone for three days (we found him in the bathtub and he was crazed from hunger and started hissing) and he escaped again at a friends house. I used to have a Gerbil named Frodo (named because he had a gimpy paw; Frodo of the Nine-Fingers) who died last year. And my other brother would like to mention that when I was seeing ROTK opening night, he let Luthien out of her cage. She chewed on my violin, shredded alot of the carpeting, and ate Suzuki Violin Book 6.
Yes im 13. Yes iv read it 20 times. Yes, im obsessed.

sevrinn

Pet names

Post#7 » Sat May 29, 2004 1:40 pm

We had a dog named Frodo last year. He died, some problem with his brain.

Yes, I'm sure that was the kind of post you were looking for. We have two dogs now, Olive and Leo.

I have a dog called Leo too, yellow Labrador, bit daft but a wonderful pet....have christened 4 new goldfish after the 4 Hobbits....brother's Boxer dog is called Gim, short for Gimli!
"....the wolf that one hears is worse than the orc that one fears...."

cerridwen

Pet names

Post#8 » Sat May 29, 2004 2:05 pm

Well I do have a :cat: cat named [u]Strider[/u] that's it from LOTR I do have all together 7 cats, 2 dogs, 3 rats...I tried to name them all on here but it got messed up and I have to many to rewrite!!! :)
Blessed Be!
Cerridwen

loni

Pet names

Post#9 » Sat May 29, 2004 5:49 pm

I shall name all my animals and describe them. (Warning, this will be a very long post).

I've already done Speckles.

Name: Easter (I wanted to call him Turambar, but Mum flatly refused and named him Easter).
Animal: A coney.
Description: He's black and white, and he's real sweet. But he's stupid at everything except how to jump up and open the door at the top of his cage and jump out.

Name: Fred (We thought he was a girl, and I was annoyed because Mum said I couldn't call him anything LOTR, so I just just named 'her' Fred. Then we found he was a boy.)
Animal: A drake. (Male duck)
Description: He's white. He's silly, he grew up with chooks. We gave him a girl duck, and she kept sidling up to him (it was spring) and he kept running away.

Name: Bronwyn
Animal: A duck.
Description: She's Fred's mate.

Name: Greyey
Animal: Quail
Description: She's grey, and keeps jumping up real high and squeaking.

Name: Whitey
Animal: Quail
Description: Greyey's mate.

(We have five other quails, but we didn't name any of them.)

We also have 8 zebrafinches, but we didn't name them either.

We have 4 baby zebrafinches, but we didn't name them either.

Now for the deceased animals.

Name: Floppolio.
Animal: Rabbit.
Description: Really lazy. Very fluffy and sweet.

Name: Floppy
Animal: Rabbit.
Description: Thin, scrawny. Floppolio's mate, foster mother, and half sister. Mother of Easter.

Name: Princess Smoky Snowball
Animal: Dwarf Rabbit.
Description: very small. i never would take her inside because she would foul up my bed.

Name: Plato
Animal: Dwarf Rabbit.
Description: Snowball's mate. He fouled up my bed too.

Name: Frog
Animal: Frog
Description: Realy weird and fat.

Name: Frog
Animal: Frog
Description: Skinny.

(We had two other frogs, but we didn't name them.)

We had five fish too, but next door's cat ate them.

Told you this would be a long post. you're lucky id din't go into detail.

Stonehelm

Pet names

Post#10 » Sun May 30, 2004 9:55 am

I have a dog called Leo too, yellow Labrador, bit daft but a wonderful pet

Olive is a yellow lab. So, daftness is a trait that both of out labs has? Does yours bark while lying down and then turn its head to see if you are going to let it inside?
I will never raise the white flag.

Return to “The Prancing Pony”