4th of July

Ar-Edain

4th of July

Post#1 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:10 pm

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!

grondmaster

4th of July

Post#2 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:01 pm

And a HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY to you too. I'm going to watch many fireworks displays on TV tonight from all over the USA.
'Share and enjoy'

Stonehelm

4th of July

Post#3 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:44 pm

Yeah, Happy Fourth of July to all my fellow Yanks out there!!!

And everyone else too!!

Grill them burgers and hot dogs!

I will never raise the white flag.

LadyFeawen

4th of July

Post#4 » Sun Jul 04, 2004 8:30 pm

happy 4th of July to all! Hmmm hotdogs ;) I am looking forward to seeing the firecrackers up in town and the live local bands will be most likely playing..Not such a good thing, most of them are tone deaf. :P:
I was born to catch dragons in their dens
And pick flowers
To tell tales and laugh away the morning
To drift and dream like a lazy stream
And walk barefoot across sunshine days.

Ross

4th of July

Post#5 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 7:54 am

Rebels, traitors! :P:
Sod off I'm busy!

GrevBukMcJern

4th of July

Post#6 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:31 am

Pshh! Brilliant plan it was! :D Gather all the troublemakers in one area, and then "loose" the land to them! Good riddens! :D :hahaha:

Fireworks in summer sound just plain wrong! But I am assuming it is actually dark at night even in summer over there. In Norway there would be no point, "day"light all night through. :)
What are you looking down here for?

Stonehelm

4th of July

Post#7 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:40 am

The rebels turned out alright though, eh Ross? :grin: Helped the motherland out of a few jams :wink:

I must say, there is no other country that I would rather have as a friend than Great Britian.
I will never raise the white flag.

GrevBukMcJern

4th of July

Post#8 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:00 am

The British has succeded very well with winning the peace, both when winning or loosing wars. Great ability that. No grudges to spur hatred and further conflict. Both after loosing India and USA, amiable relations and trade very quickly returned. Probably had a Alexander the Great-fan somewhere in the Foreign Office. :)

Yeah, you bunch turned out OK. Now, if you could just please, please reduce the production of country music and soap operas?? :P:

virumor

4th of July

Post#9 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:33 pm

I must say, there is no other country that I would rather have as a friend than Great Britian.

Yup, i have been noticing that this year.

Why is everybody forgetting France, in fact? Thanks to the French, the American revolutionists led by the clumzy general Washington, were able to defeat the English. Independence was declared in 1776, but only in 1783 the British were finally kicked out... (ironically, 6 years later the French king would also be downed in the French revolution). Also, it were the French who delivered the Statue of Liberty.

Yeah, you bunch turned out OK. Now, if you could just please, please reduce the production of country music and soap operas??

Heh, i'd also like to see the number of crap bands who come to Europe out of the US, decrease. Heck, there are 275 million ppl in the USA, and yet they have to come to Europe? *sigh* guess that happens when there are no Russians to push them back... :P:
Give up the Halfring, she-elf...

GrevBukMcJern

4th of July

Post#10 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:55 pm

Yo wantink Russians? Me brink Russians! *opens vodka bottle* Looki! Russkis commink! :P:

*breaks out singing "Rodinja"* (Russian/Soviet national anthem. Good too, me thinkink only anthem worth listening to for its musical properties)

*is overrun with bad Russian bands singing bad American cover country from the 70-ties* Oops!

Why is everybody forgetting France, in fact?

Because they refuse to learn english. Well, they are slowly starting to succumb now, but.. Traditionally the people on the net with the worst english were the French and the Americans(AOL). Now the French are improving! :P: But since the French ban on non-french languages in conferences in France, "nothing" of international interest happens there anymore. French scientists are enraged over this ban, claiming it ruins the scientific community in France. I don't blame them.

Also, it were the French who delivered the Statue of Liberty.

Yes, made from Norwegian copper! :P: We also donate the New York Christmas tree.:xmastree2: What does Belgium do? :wink: Oh, yes! Waffels and tennis players! :D

Return to “The Prancing Pony”