HI guys!i'm new here...

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#51 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:55 pm

Welcome to PT, Lady Val! It is a great place and I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

Btw, Val is our encyclopedia, so forgive us for keeping him so much around here!
Evil may yet be good to have been ... and yet remain evil. (Silmarillion)

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#52 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:20 pm

I think this is my first post here. I tried to make one other, but I can't seem to find it. So if this is a repost and I am just completly inept, please forgive me.

I just finished reading the Hobbit and the LOTR. And it has left me full of questions.

Where did Sauron come from?
What are the wizards?
What is Tom B.? (And his wife seems very close to nature, could she be an entwife in a changed form?)
Is Mr. Willow a Heuron?
What happened in the first age (this seems like one of the moreintersting ages.)
Why send Leggolas on the fellowship when GLoryfindel seems much more suited for the job of fighting off Nazgoul and other bag guys?

I don't expect answers to all these questions here. I was just wondering if these answers were in the other books? (Unfinished tales, the Simillion (sp?)). Which should I read next?

Most of the post on these boards seems to talk of things that are not in the four books I have read. Are they in these other two?

Thanks for helping out someone new to the books.

And this is a great site. Hopefully one day I can lean enough to add something intelligent to the post here.

Thanks again.

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#53 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:30 am

Hi Obsessed, welcome to PT. :wavehello:
You will find the answer to many of your questions in The Silmarillion by Tolkien. And to guide you through while you are reading the book, we have a very comprehensive reader's discussion group which deals with just The Silmarillion. Just click and the link will take you there.
I hope you enjoy your stay. You can ask questions in any of the threads on the message board pertaining to the books under Books or Characters.

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#54 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:21 am

hi im new here in fact im new to computers we bought this one for my granddaughter who is four and lives with us you all sound quite young but im not ithought i might be too old for this but would loveto give it a try i am also quite slow so you will have to forgive any mistakes

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#55 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:55 am

Welcome Shipman to PT. Unfortunately not all of us are young in flesh, although we are young at heart and in spirit! The neatest thing about this site is that young or not-so-young can share in the common love of Tolkien's works. Hope you enjoy this site and are able to wrestle the computer away from your granddaughter from time to time to come and visit here! Welcome again!

Also welcome to Obsessed. Like Rednell said, you can find alot of answers to questions in the discussion threads. Personally I'm reading the Silmarillion for the first time. Its a little slow going for me, but the discussion threads have helped alot. And if you get really stuck for an answer, just email one of the council members. They are all very nice and quick to share their wisdom.

Welcome again Shipman and Obsessed! :wiggle:

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#56 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:38 am

Welcome Shipman,
As Terrijayne has mentioned, we have a very wide range of ages here {yes, even grandparents}, but we are all young at heart. :)
Don't be afraid to ask for help, we are more than happy to be of assistance. You might find the FAQ and ChatFAQ thread very useful too.
See you in the chatroom.

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#57 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:20 am

Hi Einar! It is great ot see you again. I have moved your post to Quotes :)

arwen evenstar

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#58 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:26 am

A warm welcome to both Obssesed and Shipman. Hope you have an awesome time here. Cya around!

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#59 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:50 pm

Welcome to the site, Obsessed.

I have answered most of your questions in the following thread. Click this link to go there...Random Questions From Newbies

If you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

Also, welcome to the site, Shipman. Half our membership are under 16, but we do have a good age spread among the rest of us. I look forward to seeing you around here.

HI guys!i'm new here...

Post#60 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 3:59 pm

Hi, and welcome Lady Val! Congratulations to you and Val btw! :inlove: I wish you both all the best! :happyelf:

Also, greetings to both Obsessed and Shipman, welcome to PT! :wavehello:

Obsessed, like everyone's said, you should definitely read The Silmarillion next, then UT.
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Return to “The Prancing Pony”