Hi am am new 2!

rhapsody

Hi am am new 2!

Post#1 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:52 am

Dear all,

I just signed up this morning. I came across this board when a friend of mine suggested me to participate in the Contest note by Valedhelgwath (posted on the 28th of September). Which I am considering to do. Hi all! My name is Rhapsody, Tolkien fan, and I love to write tales about Dunedain Rangers and Gondorian knights. I enjoy spinning tales, either as in a story or in rpg. English is not my native language, so sometimes you might come across strange sentences. I will go now and explore this site further, but I thought it would be polite to introduce myself first! :wavehello:

Rhapsody

terrijayne

Hi am am new 2!

Post#2 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:34 am

Welcome Rhapsody to Planet Tolkien. I am sort of a newbie myself and so I wish you well. You will find this site very informative and friendly. I look forward to reading some of your writings, although you will not see me in the rpg forums (haven't figured them out yet). Again, welcome Rhapsody to PT!

rhapsody

Hi am am new 2!

Post#3 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 3:47 am

Oh pfew, thanks for saying that Terrijayne!!! I feel less worse now. :) We newbies have to help each other don't you think? I have been wondering about that as well! I just found the FAQ, but if there is any board member or council member for that matter who can shed a light on it.. Let us know.

Yes, I like this site a lot! Very user friendly and with tons of information! I think I will feel quite at home here! Do you mind if I add you to my buddy list?

floyd_n_milan

Hi am am new 2!

Post#4 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 4:16 am

Hey, welcome Rhaps, (umm, I hope you don't mind that, but I'm terribly lazy). I believe we've met in the chatroom already. Still, welcome once again!!

rhapsody

Hi am am new 2!

Post#5 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:04 am

Hey, welcome Rhaps, (umm, I hope you don't mind that, but I'm terribly lazy). I believe we've met in the chatroom already. Still, welcome once again!!

Hi Floyd ;) <-- see I am lazy as well! Yes the chat is great! I already met you and Milambar. And thanks to Milambar, I guess, I know how to add stories. Post it to the council members right? *eyes Amarië*

Maybe that can be included in the FAQ as well??? Yes I read the FAQ!

Amarië

Hi am am new 2!

Post#6 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:05 am

Welcome to PT, Rhapsody! :D
Amarie the Council Member here. :wavehello:
The RPGs aren't so hard, just make up a character you want to be and have him/her pop up along the way, and introduce yourself. Just look at what others have done before you. You'll be welcomed with open arms. :)

Your English looks great to me. There are a lot of people from all over the world here who have English as a second (or third) language, including me, so don't worry too much about odd sentences. I make quite a few of them myself. ;)

Don't be afraid to ask if there is anything you want to know. :)
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

rednell

Hi am am new 2!

Post#7 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:35 am

Welcome Rhapsody :wavehello:
I am so glad that you have found our little community and I do hope that I get a chance to meet you in the chatroom, as well. :D
I look forward to reading your fan fiction and your additions to the RPGs, although I don't take part in them because I can barely write a thank-you note. You will find we have many talented writers of prose and poetry at PT, so you will be right at home.
In Fellowship,
Rednell (another Council Member)

Amarië

Hi am am new 2!

Post#8 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:35 am

Post it to the council members right?

Bingo!
Maybe that can be included in the FAQ as well???

Well the FAQ only answers the most frequently asked questions by (new) members. For more information you have to go to the Help file (Under 'your account' in the left hand menu.)

When it comes to posting stories, the competiton is temporary, but the FanWriting section and the Writers Guild is always open. I think it is mentioned in the Help file (which is mentioned in FAQ), under Fan Writings... Oh yes it is.Very helpful! Go there now!

And here is a nice thread you might wanna take a look at: Reading Group Revisited :)
"Don't complain under the stars

about the lack of bright spots in you life."

Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

rhapsody

Hi am am new 2!

Post#9 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 5:50 am

Rednell wrote: I am so glad that you have found our little community and I do hope that I get a chance to meet you in the chatroom, as well

Hi Rednell!,

as for RPG, I am not sure if I will jump in straight ahead, since I am involved with at least 3 other online groups already. I will just look around, read a lot for a while. Yes I will most definetly enter the competition, I have a story in my mind forming as we speak. So let me get this straight: for the competition you e-mail the council. And just to post a story I can go to the writers guild and post a story there.. Right?

Vee

Hi am am new 2!

Post#10 » Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:23 am

Hi Rhapsody! And hi in chat as well!

Don't post the story for the competition in the Writer's Guild. Other than that go ahead....... I don't think the reading group is up and running just yet.

Vee - another Council member

Return to “The Prancing Pony”