Yo! New person here

Túrin Turambar

Yo! New person here

Post#1 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:50 pm

I sceen a lot of new people posts in this inn, so i thought i'd drop one too. I love Tolkien's work and find it hard to have a decent conversation about it with my friends, or anybody else for that matter, because of their lack of knowledge towards middle earth. I can already see that won't be the case on these forums because most people here seem to know fair bit.

The First Age is my favourite because of the glory, heorics and the tragedy that follows.

loni

Yo! New person here

Post#2 » Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:51 pm

Well, then you'll fit in just fine. It's so good we're getting all these new members all of a sudden!!!!
WElcome to PT, all newbies!!! Have fun.

rhapsody

Yo! New person here

Post#3 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:12 am

Well met Túrin turambar!

I hope you like it here as much as I do! :) The first age indeed has many great stories. I gather you liked the tale of Túrin Turambar a lot! My favorite character in there is Beleg Cúthalion.

icefangs

Yo! New person here

Post#4 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:17 am

Welcome to this sanctuary of Tolkien, Turin Tarambar! I hope that you shall join many discussions and make friends here, everyone else does! So, enjoy yourself, fellow lover of Tolkien (that sounds wrong...), and have fun!! I guess that I just want to say:

WELCOME TO PT, TURIN!

Stonehelm

Yo! New person here

Post#5 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:26 am

Hey there Turin, well met and welcome to Planet Tolkien!
I will never raise the white flag.

valedhelgwath

Yo! New person here

Post#6 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:00 pm

Welcome on board, Turin. Have a great time here.

rednell

Yo! New person here

Post#7 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:36 pm

Welcome to PT, Turin. Am I correct in assuming that you were once known as Makaveli earlier this week? If so, I am glad that everything is as you wanted it. :D
Enjoy your visits with us. I look forward to reading your insights into Middle Earth.

Túrin Turambar

Yo! New person here

Post#8 » Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:30 pm

haha you guessed correctly Rednell! Thx for the warm welcome people, and i'm looking forward to interacting with you guys more. Ya i really enjoyed the lay Narn I Hîn Húrin (The Tale of the Children of Húrin) As you probably guessed already Túrin Turambar is my favourite character from that tale. I might even go as far as saying he may even be my most liked Edain, it's kinda hard to choose from though, so lets just leave him as one of my favourite characters from all of Tolkien's work.

Canada <--- Represent! ....had to add that to let you know where i'm from ;)

grondmaster

Yo! New person here

Post#9 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:59 pm

Howdy Túrin turambar, a warm welcome to P-T. Drop into Gimli's Khazad-dumish Inn if you've a mind to it. :happyelf:

Rednell also hales from the Great White North, New Brunswick if I remember rightly.
'Share and enjoy'

Túrin Turambar

Yo! New person here

Post#10 » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:37 pm

thx i'll take you up on that offer soon! I'm from British Columbia to help narrow it down... after all Canada is the 2nd biggest Country in the world.

Return to “The Prancing Pony”