What did you get for Xmas?

Vee

Post#1 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:44 am

Go on - you know you want to tell us!

What wonderful, weird, wacky or downright 'orrible presents did you all get this year?

rue auburn

Post#2 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:50 am

I got a Rune casting set,showing different casts meaning different things,the most interesting one seems to concern reincarnations of the past and future.Also a celtic knot tapastry and English Claymore sword.

rhapsody

Post#3 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 7:08 am

Nothing. I did get financial support, but for the rest gifts came in companionship of loved ones.

Stonehelm

Post#4 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:39 am

Eh, let's see. A got a new watch, the Lord of the Rings : Return of the King PC game, and a few other smaller gifts.

Oi! You dinna tell us what you got, Vee! Come on now, spill the beans!

I will never raise the white flag.

adreia

Post#5 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 8:40 am

RotK EE, Elf, a whole stack of books, tarot cards, clothes, and even a cold! :D How wonderful!

eowiodith unadrieniel

Post#6 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:00 am

Me and my 5 sibs got a 14ft trampoline (whoohooo!!!) and a foosball table from my folks and my gramma.

Vee

Post#7 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:16 am

Oi! You dinna tell us what you got, Vee! Come on now, spill the beans!

True.

OK... I'll tell you. Are you sitting comfortably?

The cutest, tiniest dragon pendant ever!
Four tiny trolls with coloured hair.
A pair of black, hairy slippers with talons.
A rainbow maker - stick it to a window in direct sunlight, solar powered motor turns a crystal and voila - rainbows!
Two Lord of the Rings calendars - one dark, one light.
Tolkien LotR 50th Anniversay desk diary
A number of dvds...

That'll do for now.

laurelindhe ilmarin

Post#8 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:19 am

My hubby's Dad and Evil Stepmom got us:

1. A toothbrush and toothepaste whose expiration dates were both February 2004...which, oddly, I recall seeing under the sink in their guest bathroom,
2. A small jar of dehydrated coffee crystals, like the kind you get from cheap hotels,
3. A knockoff Louis Vuitton faux-leather wallet(for me) that his Dad purchased in South Korea while working there off and on this past year, which is made of nogahyde, but is otherwise attractive, which turns out to be the best part of their gifts,
4. A very small First Aide kit that closely resembles the kind you get on cruises and the like, with scratches and dings all over it.

I swear to God, I am not kidding. Now, coming from someone with very humble means, I would have felt a lot more grateful, I'm sure. But these people earn roughly $180,000 a year-he works for Boeing, she is a Real Estate agent in the nicer part of town. Now, is it me, or is something not right with this picture? My hubby only has one brother, there's not a lot of people to give gifts to as his Stepmom has two estranged children that only talk to her once a year, so it is not volume of gifts to be given out. They own two VERY nice Harley motorcycles, a 1965 Corvette that is in near-mint condition, a 2004 Chevrolet Tahoe, a 2004 Chevrolet truck, and a gorgeous home that's probably worth over $400,000...pool, spa, etc. etc. etc.-Have I lost my mind? Is this just my ungratefulness talking, or is this tacky as all he**? At least the kiddies did better, but not by much...

Sorry, maybe I should just get over it... :soangry:

Well, you wanted to know, V-HEY! You need to tell us what was bestowed on you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vee

Post#9 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:02 pm

Adreia posted
Elf,

Was it a real, life sized, living, breathing, dancing elf?

I think Laurelindhhepindhepoo wins the prize for weird and downright 'orrible present of 2004.

Elfstone

Post#10 » Thu Dec 30, 2004 1:27 pm

Too much to go into here, so I’ll I’m going to say is my wife and I made out like bandits this X-mas! Best X-mas in quite a while as a matter of fact, I guess we were due!
:xmas:
"I would have the Ring-bearer bring the crown to me, and let Mithrandir set it upon my head, if he will; for he has been the mover of all that has been accomplished, and this is his victory." Elessar

Return to “The Prancing Pony”