Orcs are ignorant

grondmaster

Orcs are ignorant

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I wonder what could have given them that idea? :D Oh, by the way, welcome to the forum Hallavasion. :)

'Share and enjoy'

Allyssa

Orcs are ignorant

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Greetings Hallavasion. May we call you Hal?

Does your name have a meaning btw?

Orcs and ignorance. True, there was a shortage of Orc academys and universities in Mordor. But I think it goes a bit deeper than that. I feel that Orcs were also brainwashed by their master and whatever religion they followed (cult of Morgoth?).

Brainwashing is pretty much a routine procedure for dictatorships (see: George Orwell 1984 for example) and Sauron was no exception. He made them believe they hated things like music and nature, that emotions like pity were a weakness and that pleasure can be derived only from the suffering of others.

Orcs are a pitiable creatures who hate the elves primarily out of fear. Elves did hunt and kill them after all! Probably for reasons the orcs couldn't fully understand.

Should elves hate or pity orcs? I can never really make up my mind...
"May the Angels Guide"

Hallavasion

Orcs are ignorant

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Alyssa, good speech. After that i think you might be right about orcs just being like little tin soldiers. My father Rinlaithion said that the orcs were here for us to kill as they were abominations of the enemy and that they don't deserve to live. I should talk to Gandalf and Elrond about this. They might give me the same speech that you gave and they might not

grondmaster

Orcs are ignorant

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

So suppose we put one of each on an hostile planet, where in order to survive they would have to work together. Would the result be the same as in 'Enemy Mine' or would they still kill each other off out of habit?
'Share and enjoy'

Allyssa

Orcs are ignorant

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I have my information from Elrond. He hates orcs naturally, but Gandalf has some pity for them.

I am one of Elrond's many hangers-on at Rivendel. I am orphaned, and he took pity on me and let me live there. He is such a sucker for a sob-story! : )
"May the Angels Guide"

Hallavasion

Orcs are ignorant

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I guess i should have pity on them as well. Trying to sucker Elrond is a despicable thing to do. Maybe I could get legolas to punish you ;) . Oh well. Maybe we should finish of the orcs by killing the source( ie Saruman and Sauron). I mean the Uruk-Hai are starting to annoy me.

Allyssa

Orcs are ignorant

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Elrond is a sucker in the nicest possible way. Rivendel seems to be full of retired rangers, hobbits and dwarves. Elrond and his elves look after them all! But I think part of the reason he keeps them around is because they amuse him and keep him company.

Such a nice guy really. Nothing at all like the HW Elrond, but dont get me started.....
"May the Angels Guide"

valedhelgwath

Orcs are ignorant

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Orcs... SPIT!!!... They are toilets.

Pity them? Why take the fun away? The only reason I kill them at two hundred paces is I can't stand the stink!

Uruks? I wouldn't feed them to my chetmigs....

Halo_Black

Orcs are ignorant

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Maybe we should finish of the orcs by killing the source( ie Saruman and Sauron). I mean the Uruk-Hai are starting to annoy me.

Well my elfy friend, everyone knows orcs are harder to kill than a rabid grizzly bear on steroids, so I wouldn't even bother to try if I was you. Killing the source would probaly confuse 'em for a while, but unfortunatly theres always another source to replace the source that you killed...damn sources :soangry: ...actualy the orcs are probaly being led by one of my collage tutors, Phill. Damn that guy is scary.
As for the Uruk-Hai, well, we're not all bad :disturbed:
nn[Edited on 22/4/2002 by Grondmaster]

Halo_Black

Orcs are ignorant

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Acctualy Orcs arn't toilets. Its pretty easy to tell the difference. If its standing still, has a lid and ahas a roll of toilet paper next to it then its definetly a toilet, but if its trying to chew your legs off then its definatly an Orc (or a rabid hobbit, take your pick)

And if its poking you with a pointy stick and yelling "Your father was a hamster and your mother smelt of elderberrys" then its probaly ME!
I'm sorry, I know their evil, but I'm on the Orcs (and the rabid hobbits) side...but only cause they look like my cat Sooty (Damn he was one ugly moggy!):disturbed:

Return to “The Prancing Pony”