LotR imaginations (mine has finally gone almost 2 far)

Rosie

Post#1 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

an interesting thought, raptor!

i should like to think that i had the will power to resist the temptation for world domination- but who knows? i've never really been a sucker for power, it seemed like too much work! hehe maybe my laziness will save my soul and the world?

rednell

Post#2 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

hi CrystalBolger

Welcome to PT. You will probably enjoy one of the role playing guilds on the site. Just drop in and enjoy your journey through ME. :D

valedhelgwath

Post#3 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Talking of which, I've just attempted to boot-start the Many Meetings RPG under the section Planet Tolkien Roleplaying...

And to answer your question about spending time in MiddleEarth, Crystal, I spent about a decade lost in Middle Earth. Everywhere I went, I'd be thinking, this is good elven forest, or this looks like hobbit country etc.
When bored at work my mind would drift into forests and mountains, caves and mines. It was quite a relief to be able to go to such places at times, but everyone around me thought I was a bit wacko at the time (no doubt they do now when I tell them how long I spend on this site).

Eryan

Post#4 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

It is a good thing to have an imaginary place to go! The worst thing is to find out one day that the door is shut. Like Smith of the Wooton Major who had to give back his star, a visa to Faerie... Just now I am so tired (ioverwork...) that my door into my private worlds is almost shut. Almost. I hope it will open back soon!

raptor

Post#5 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

I usually get a smiley or two in my posts,but this one's for real and from the bottom of my heart.
I would die to know Middle-Earth does not exist for real.I knew from the first time i read 'The Hobbit' that ME is out there,waiting for me and that one day I will find it.Especially at sunset,I feel I'm closer to it,seeing it beyond the clouds....You know the strange thing....I dream of the Lonely Mountain,somwhere far away,surrounded in golden woods with snowy paks that lead to the clouds,and Moria is in there too and Mordor and even Numenor.it's all there for me,real,and,with the risk of sounding morbid,i hope when I die I get there.Can't you just feel it,the song in the air at sunset time in autumn,calling you
'...Far,over the Misty Mountains cold
To dungeons deep and caverns old...'........

[Edited on 27/10/2002 by raptor]nn[Edited on 27/10/2002 by raptor]

grondmaster

Post#6 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

:elfcool: That's how I felt about Oz in about 1950. Had the LOTR been published and read by me at that early date, I would have had and held your dream of getting to Middle-earth, to this very date. As it was, I soon grew out of my yearning for Oz, and was much too practical by the age I finally obtained a copy of the trilogy. :happyelf:
'Share and enjoy'

PlasticSquirrel

Post#7 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Follow the yellow brick road Grondy. (btw, d'you think Middle Earth will become more part of a movie than a book as the years go by, just as Oz has?)
http://www.plasticsquirrel.co.uk for all your bizarre music and musings needs

Amarië

Post#8 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Ahh.. Middle Earth... I used to dream of Hyrule (where the legend of zelda games on nintendo64 takes place), but now I discovered Tolkiens world which is a kinda simmular but much much better. I see tall mountains with snow and autum-coloured trees mirrored in the sea every day so my thoughts wanders quite often. Especially does the few trees covered in bright yellow leaves catch my eye and I know axactly how the mallorns look and i want to dance among them like Luthien. I pray my imagination will never go away. I hope I can imagine hobbits hiding behind the trees as I pass them till the day I die. :orcgin: nn[Redigert den 28/10/2002 av Amarië]
"Don't complain under the stars
about the lack of bright spots in you life."
Henrik Wergeland, Norwegian writer

Eryan

Post#9 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

For me, this longing for ME had alwasy two dimensions: longing for mythical landscapes and that pure, keen light of Lorien - but also longing for all these wonderful people - decent, honest, heroic... And I can tell you, both such landsacape and such people exist also here, in the "real" world! Sometimes we encounter them - and it is a great day!

CrystalBolger

Post#10 » Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

i luv ME! i go there constantly (even when i'm supposed 2 b doin skool. lol) i do think of it as a real place and i know that if u think bout it, u can c a lot of similarities in our world! i'm the kind of person who imagines things every time sumthin is not goin right 4 me and i'm proud of it!

Return to “The Prancing Pony”